Sign in to follow this  

CamelBak....

I know what your thinking... ohh great another greenhorn that didnt use the search feature, well there your wrong.I looked around and couldent find anything that pertained to my question on its own but anywa`s enough rambeling.My question is, I recently bought a Camelbak and unlike others I cant get it to fit right over or under my chest protector , over feels good except it pulls my shoulder pads and front chest piece down or puts pressure on them and makes me veary uncomfortable, is there a way you guys put it on or loop it a certain way? any pictures? Thank`s in advance and if I missed the post where people have asked this.....sorry.

Best regard`s

Ryan

Greenhorn? More like a Noobler. J/k

It doesn't fit that great but using the hip strap on the camelbak helps me out. Takes weight off the shoulders and keeps it from moving side to side while riding. I use a big azz military camelbak motherlode.

First I put the drink system on my back and strap it on. As long as its not a large pack with alot of filled pockets you will easily be able to fit your chest protector over it.

I have also heard of people zip-tying them directly to the back plate of their chest protector through the vents and forgetting the shoulder straps all together.

sometimes when mine gets annoying i strap it to my number plate. it hasn't fell of yet.

Put the shoulder strap between your neck and your chest protector. Cinch it down til it's snug. Clip the center strap(if you have one) very snug. Adjust the waistband til it is just loose enough for comfort. The most important part is the shoulder straps. Keep them off the shoulder armor. That is probably what is pulling it down.

🙂

It`s a CamelBak M.U.L.E and its not comfy when it loaded up, im going to Red Rock Canyon ( Near Jawbone) the weekend after next so it will have quite abit in it incase of (enter accident here) . I will try out the one suggested without it touching the shoulder armour.Thanks alot guy`s.

I have also heard of people zip-tying them directly to the back plate of their chest protector through the vents and forgetting the shoulder straps all together.

I used to have an MSR one that you had to do that to. No straps, just little loops for the zip-tys to go through.

Zip-Ty it 🙂🙂:D

Way better than trying to put the straps over or under the chest protector

I wear a large one over my chest plate and carry lots in it, over a gallon of water total, tools, 1st aid etc, doesnt bother me with with the waist and chest strap on at all, could be your chest plate dont fit right?

Does camelback still give $$$ to the sierra club? when i bought my "hydration system" they did, so i searched for a different brand paid less and i feel it is better-more water more space, fits great, and has a little water bottle holder on the side where ican put my cigerette butts-a big thumbs up for a liberal hippie redneck like myself.

Mike

How would you go about zip tyeing it to your chest protector? Just rig it however you can or take the straps off and all?

I looked for a way to Zip-Ty it to my bike but all that happened was the straps got in the way and thgere wasent that many holes to zip to it to anyway , not to mention the camelbal dosent have places to zip ty it either.I also tried putting it in betweehn my neck and the shoulder pads but it seems that my chest protector is too close to do that (wich is a good thing for collarbone protection and other reasons) so yeah.....what am i to do?