Sign in to follow this  

Wheels for DR350.. Alternatives?

I'm looking to get a second set of wheels for my DR so I can keep a set of more road'y tires on one set and the knobbies on another set and speed up the switchovers. But DR350 wheels on ebay are apparently a rare commodity and go for a fair chunk of change when they can be found.

So does anyone know of wheels from another model, probably MX bikes, that would fit in place of the DR wheels? I'm not worried about the speedo drive. I'll either fit my own drive tab or change over to something electronic or not bother for the offroad part.

A thought.... Has anyone ever thought about building up a database of wheel, axle and fork leg sizes and spacings to help with doing substitutions like this?

OK, so I gather no one knows what wheels would fit (like the ones of the RM250?).

But what about the idea of a data chart detailing axle, brake rotor position and fork spacing sizes so folks could choose their own?

Sounds like a great idea, albeit a huge challenge...? I can appreciate what you're saying as I'm trying to make my (new to me) 350 actually handle, in terms of the front end (at the moment), and would love to know my option$. I'd love to know what forks I could run and keep my speed-o, etc. Dare to dream...! 🙂

I have a set of DR350 wheels with axles, spacers, brake discs, and sprocket if you're interested.

im interested in the wheels for the 350 DR if there still avalable, i too am looking to make the change from street to dirt a little easyer and faster.