Sign in to follow this  

Installed New Tail Light

Ok, I know there was a thread here somewhere about a smaller tail light for the DR 650...and LOTS of helpful answers...so I ordered one...yep, 'National Back Order'...well, lo and behold, it got here today!

Someone said it was a 10 minute install...but they don't know me too good do they? 🙂

I had to re-route the wires, I had tried to cut corners, and NOT follow the original wire route...well, the plate holder is a tight fit, and yep, the wires were in the way. Had I done it right the FIRST time, then..well, MAYBE a 15 minute swap...as it was took me 1/2 hour.

I dunno about you others, but I've had a TERRIBLE time with bolts and nuts vibrating loose, so whenever I take something apart, I use loc-tight when re-assembling. It seemed to me that the three bolts/screws holding the stocker had loc-tite on them, man, they were a bear to bust loose.

Anyway, the thing looks about 100% better! It WAS an easy change, and cost me $43.68 delivered!!!

But, I dunno if everyone wants to do it, then it wouldn't look near as cool cus ALL of 'em are done that way..so .....it was TOUGH, took me DAYS to do, had to RE-WIRE the entire bike, house, AND car to get it to work...and....and....well, ok, I'll stop now. 🙂

lol, nice... i'm not thinking about getting one also here soon. nope not me...🙂

Yep they look 100x better than the stock USA sold ones.

They come standard on the australian models 🙂