Sign in to follow this  

New Piston

It's time for a piston in my 04 250X. I've been waiting for the Athena 290 kit but now that it's delayed again... I'm looking for input on what everyone thinks I should put in it. Stock Honda, Wiseco, JE, PRO-X? It will probably only be in the bike till the Athena kit is out but I want to get the best bang for my buck. I don't want to hear "put the TR 270cc kit in it". I'm over 200 pounds and if the extra 20cc is good, an extra 40cc has to be worth the wait right?

je 13.5 is the way to go,

they fit so much better rite out the gate !!

I am 200lbs with an R and stock hauls me around pretty fast.But i also want a little more bang so i am also waiting for the Athena 290.I have a weisco hi comp in my bike now with no problems.Over the winter i will re build entire engine putting a stronger rod and crank to handle the 290.Better safe than sorry.While I'm at it all new bearings(ceramic coated)And i have been talking about this for a while send everything including the big bore kit to get Cryoed.I was going to get a new w06 but i love my 04 and will loose too much money besides investing 1000.00 will net me a bike better than a new 06.

I am 200lbs with an R and stock hauls me around pretty fast.I was going to get a new w06 but i love my 04 and will loose too much money besides investing 1000.00 will net me a bike better than a new 06.

That's my belief too. I already have the 2005 head and JE 13.5 piston and a superb exhaust, so the 290 kit and maybe one of RHC's cams will give me all I need out of the bike. I too am going to beef up the lower end for the 290 kit. 2006? Baaaahhhh..... 🙂 2007 will be my next new model...

What's this with the 290 kits delayed? Arrrgghh....