Sign in to follow this  

Ambrose Lake

Have to tell you guys.

Rode the Ambrose Lake loop and parts of the Rose City loop. Man I love being able to ride on the roads. Was VERY nice to take the kids sight seeing and ride what portions of the trail they were up to and then do more sight seing. I just hope idiots don't screw it up for us all.

Dad got talking to a sheriff up there and he said that they've been busting a few knot heads but all in all people were respecting the law. We didn't see but a couple other riders taking advantage of the "new rules".

Saturday night about an inch of rain came thru (WOW...yea...) that made the trail real nice Sunday morning. Between the nice wet trails and being the only ones in the campground, we really didn't want to come home.

Does anybody know the 5 counties (I heard) that are open roads?

Obviously Ogemaw is one. What about North of there (Oscoda I think).

4 counties in the LP. Cheboygan, Montmorency, Presque and Ogemaw. I stayed in West Branch with my daughter last weekend and we rode out of Ambrose but we stayed on the roads since she is just learning. It is truly a wonderful thing for the kids to learn on and I enjoy just tooling away on the roads. We rode into Clear Lake and ate Sat. and Sunday. I camped at Ambrose the weekend before with my son and we did the same thing except we rode into Rose City and I found out we rode where we weren't supposed to. You can't ride on the state roads and there are only certain streets in Rose City you are supposed to be on. No cops though so we had no problems. I wrote all of the townships a letter telling them how much I liked the law and that I was going to spend my money in Ogemaw county. I even had one call me back and thank me.

Joe I almost packed up the trailer friday and head up to camp with you. But instead Digger and I ended up at Silver lake with the wifes Jeep. 4x4'n in the dunes and swimin in the big lake. Dont get much better than that on a hot Saturday afternoon.

P1010317.jpg

P1010316.jpg

P1010318.jpg