Sign in to follow this  

Western Carolina check-in

Sure has been quite around here lately :D . I hear that Jon's nursing a hurt elbow :D , Daniel's doing the tractor-pull thing and raising his boys 🙂 , Bob's waiting for Ralph to heal up....and he's turning 40 too :D, Michael's off to camp for his job as councelor this summer, and I'm going nuts wanting to ride :D. So where's everybody else been hiding anyway 🙂.

Goosedog, I would love to ride with ya pal but I don't much like the trails (per your post in another thread). Maybe we can meet somewhere and hang out over a few cold ones (if you partake of adult beverages).

Waiting for my wife to have the baby. She has 4 weeks left so I need to stay close to home. Dying to go riding though. 🙂

Goosedog, I would love to ride with ya pal but I don't much like the trails (per your post in another thread). Maybe we can meet somewhere and hang out over a few cold ones (if you partake of adult beverages).

Do you ever ride the track at Mountain Home? MX just beats me up too much, I prefer the rhythm of the woods.That's too bad you're not into trail riding cause you're only 30min from Wayehutta. Anyway, nice to know there's a TTmember close by.

Waiting for my wife to have the baby. She has 4 weeks left so I need to stay close to home. Dying to go riding though. 🙂

I hear ya Paul, I can remember those days. Let us know when the new little dirt-biker is born.

been busy working on Jeeps still. Hope to be done next month for a while and do LOTS of riding from August on.

BTW: my dad said he'd trade me his '96 XR400R for my '95 XR250R 🙂:D:D Woohoo! I should be getting it in August. I overhauled the forks about a year & a half ago, and he just had the valves (engine, not fork) re-done. Oh yeah, new chain & sprockets too 🙂 I can't wait!!!

I hear its gonna be twins ? 🙂

Congrats MAN!!!

Since this appears to be the baby forum now, not to steal your glory new2blu, but we found out we're expecting as well 🙂 #5 on the way. I'm hoping it isn't twins tho' 🙂 First ultrasound is next Tuesday. Can't wait to have another baby in the house!

I go to Sandy Ridge, Stokes county, North Carolina to visit friends, and ride twice a year.

that damn red mud dont wash out !

Congrats you guys with the babies on the way!

My wife and I will be moving to the Boone, Blowing rock area and I will be looking for some folks to trail ride with. I prefer dirt roads and trails. Right now I live outside of Raleigh and there is TOOOOOOOO much pavement and "90MPH-tailgating-cellphone talking-nose pickin'-no drivi'-8ton-SUV's" running around here. Can hardly wait to get out there. My work site is gonna be on top of Grandmother mountain and have to travel up a 2.5 mile dirt road just to get to the site. I am about to pop!

Where does everybody live in NC? Hoping to get hooked up with a dual sport club, group or something.

Dan

My work site is gonna be on top of Grandmother mountain and have to travel up a 2.5 mile dirt road just to get to the site. I am about to pop!

Where does everybody live in NC? Hoping to get hooked up with a dual sport club, group or something.

Dan

That sounds really cool Dan, what are you gonna be doing on top of Grandfather Mtn., working for the Park Service?

Oh and BTW, welcome to the mountains. I'm over near Asheville and we've got good trails an hour west of here and of course Brown and Brushy to the east. You ought to look up "Skylightguy" for that dual-sportin'.

Can't wait to have another baby in the house!

Well guys it looks like I'm gonna have young-un's runnin' around again too. I asked my girlfriend Denise to marry me last week and she said yes! She's got two boys, 6 and 10 that will be part of the family now, plus my two in college. Anyone got a lead on a good small bike for sale, say between a 75 to 125cc XR or the like?

Well guys it looks like I'm gonna have young-un's runnin' around again too. I asked my girlfriend Denise to marry me last week and she said yes! She's got two boys, 6 and 10 that will be part of the family now, plus my two in college. Anyone got a lead on a good small bike for sale, say between a 75 to 125cc XR or the like?

Congrats 🙂🙂:D

Sorry, don't know of any little bikes for sale... If you wanna buy new, check out Abernathy's in TN (731) 885-1792. New bikes WAY WAY cheaper than anything around here!!!

Congrats Mark. Set a date yet?

Next spring, no specific date yet. We want to give all the kids plenty of time to get used to the idea. She's a fantastic woman, I'm very blessed. 🙂

Goosedog Congrats!

Hummm..with two boys it seems like a good reason to have several bikes. 🙂

I work for UNC-TV and will be assigened to the TV transmitter site on top of Grandmother Mnt. Grandmother is right next to Grandfather, you can even see the tower from Grandfather. We also have a UHF repeater on Grandfather so that gives me the excuse to head over ther to check the repeater. I can hardly wait. I was out ther last weekend with the Jeep and the wife, we were all over and saw so many tails and dirt roads. I tell ya I am one lucky dog.

Dan

I work for UNC-TV and will be assigened to the TV transmitter site on top of Grandmother Mnt.

Dan

Now that's an occupation I could handle. Glad you PBS guys didn't get hit too hard with budget cuts last week, I was pulling for ya.

I hear ya Paul, I can remember those days. Let us know when the new little dirt-biker is born.

Will do!

Congrats MAN!!!

Since this appears to be the baby forum now, not to steal your glory new2blu, but we found out we're expecting as well 🙂 #5 on the way. I'm hoping it isn't twins tho' 🙂 First ultrasound is next Tuesday. Can't wait to have another baby in the house!

Congrats RyanK---wow #5 on the way!

Congats Mark! I saw an XR close to here for sale--I will check it out in the morning and let you know the details.