For all buying a new '06 Yamaha 450

Hello to all,.........Man it been a long time since I posted here, maybe some of you will remember me, maybe not, I kinda faded off this board after 393 passed, I know Garrett's still here though and that's all that matters.

On to the point............

For all you that's buying a new '06 Yamaha 450, I'm trying to get a General consensus on what the OTD (out the door) prices are going to be for you all that have allready ordered one like I have.

I'm use to paying MSRP OTD for all mine, I have a good Dealer that usually treats me right.

Please don't give me a price if it's not a true OTD price with all the prepping fees, tax, the new VIT tax they have now and so on.

I'm just interested in prices that have been quoted to you to put in in the back of your truck.

All you Texas guy's can chime in because I know there are a few that are getting them.

Thanks, Jason

idk what im going to be paying for my 06 yz 450 but i no im propable going to be buying it from generationmx.com....

i bought my 04 yz 250f from them and i had great service and i have had no proplems with the bike at all.. and the best part about it was the bike was 400 + cheaper then anybody around here with shipping.

o yea who is going to buy the yelllow yamaha in 06 i no i am.....

Hey Jaybird

How ya doing ?

I am hoping to buy a 06 looking real close at the Yellow Version

MSRP is 7k or something like that, In Ca it will be interesting to see what the sell for. I am sure at first that there will be no price break. I pay a 7.25% tax, plus Fees fro OHV, License and such, I would bet that OTD for the 06 Yellow is going to be about 7k to $7200 with the normal Blue as usual about $5700 to $5900 depending on where you go (Volume Dealers)

In the People's Democratic Republic of California, you have to pay the taxes. (In fact, when we buy gas, we pay tax on the Federal tax) You don't get to choose. Besides, if you don't have papers, what do you have as proof of ownership?

Gray,

It's called a Certificate of Orgin. I bought my last new off-road motorcycle in Tenn. and didn't pay taxes. Obviously if you were to buy a street legal moto then you have to pay taxes when you license/title. The tax laws vary from state to state. Check you neighboring states and you may save a ton of $$'s on the tax alone.... ?

I am hoping to buy a 06 looking real close at the Yellow Version

MSRP is 7k or something like that, In Ca it will be interesting to see what the sell for. I am sure at first that there will be no price break. I pay a 7.25% tax, plus Fees fro OHV, License and such, I would bet that OTD for the 06 Yellow is going to be about 7k to $7200 with the normal Blue as usual about $5700 to $5900 depending on where you go (Volume Dealers)

Yo... John... What gives??? Are you giving up on the O'l 426??? ?

Boyd

Check you neighboring states and you may save a ton of $$'s on the tax alone.... ?
You underestimate the Democrats who run this state. California got around that little scheme by charging what amounted to an import fee to bring vehicles in from out of state, which people were mostly doing to get cars that were built to Federal, rather than California smog regs. The tax was declared illegal by a Federal court about 3 years ago, but California continued to collect it in defiance of that ruling for some time afterward, and to the best of my knowledge, has never refunded a dime of it, as they were ordered to. I'm not sure where it stands now.

In any case, our beloved DMV requires that you cannot reside in the state for more than 30 or 60 days without registering your vehicles in CA. If caught without an OHV sticker on public property (trail riding, the desert), and no proof that you have a residence out of state, you will be fined (taxed). When a used vehicle (anything other than a new purchase registration) is registered, a "Road Use Tax" is assessed. The tax is equal to 7.75% of its retail value (can you say "Sales Tax"?).

The only advantage to buying out of state is that you have a better chance of finding a price break there than here, especially on used stuff. You can also get a Green Sticker for a Red Sticker bike if it was registered for on-highway use in another state. Otherwise, we can't save a penny by doing it.

____

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is Force, and like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a terrible master.

-George Washington

I am buying a 06 YZ450F - not sure on OTD price. Depends on a lot:

-local dealer OTD price. Prefer this method, if the dealer can get close..within a few hundred bucks. Call it the drive it home today tax ?

-ship from canada price. just takes a while, but can get good deal

-a weekend drive to another state price (bike OTD+gas/lodging/whatever). Not really my preferred method.

- generationmx - definitely worth looking at, i buy parts from them already.

sorry for asking this, I dont spend alot of time in the yammie forms, just got rid of my crf 230, looking for a yammie. If you dont mind me asking, how did "393" pass????

Thank you, try to not get heated at me. ?

I'll probably purchase out of state also. I usually go to LA Yamaha, but with the new bike I'm sure they'll be trying to get 7500 OTD in the begining. The last out of state purchase I made, IL, I just got the certificate of origin. I only ride tracks and have no need for the red sticker.