Sign in to follow this  

removing headlight bulb

The shop manual instuctions for removing the headlight bulb don't quite match my bike. I need to make some space for getting my hand behind the headlight so I can remove the bulb (I'm installing a 85W halogen). There's a small black plastic box on the left hand side (a couple inches below the ignition switch) that's in the way; but I can't figure out how to remove the plastic box. 🙂 Any suggestions? Thanks! 🙂

Going from memory I would have said that you need to remove the headlamp assembly to change the bulb. My Suzuki service manual confirms this. What manual are you using?

The shop manual instuctions for removing the headlight bulb don't quite match my bike. I need to make some space for getting my hand behind the headlight so I can remove the bulb (I'm installing a 85W halogen). There's a small black plastic box on the left hand side (a couple inches below the ignition switch) that's in the way; but I can't figure out how to remove the plastic box. 🙂 Any suggestions? Thanks! :D

Here goes, remove the number board (headlight surround) either-side of the headlight you will find 2 M6 (10 mm head) bolts each side, in the rear most part of the support frame, remove these and the head light will come out without upsetting the beam alinement. Replace bulb and reassemble.

The black box you refer to is the indicator / side stand relay.

The bolts to undo are number 14 on this link.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0313/headlamp_model_y_k1/headlamp_model_y_k1.cfm?man=su&groupid=1670&parent=1610

neil. 🙂:D