Evart, Michigan

Um yea only one of the best trails in the lp. Evart has a trail there. Its a riot. it is like 25 miles long. There are some big woops in a few sections. but if you can get past that it is a really nice trail. I just may be up for a ride out there if you give me a time.

I road Evart today. Parked at the Sand pit and should of guessed when we had to move a tree in the road to get by that the rest of the trail was gonna be like that. It needs to be cleaned up. How do you go about doing that? Could I just take the quad and a chain saw out and start cutting? It has been really dry up here and the rain just flooded everything today, fun ride. Steve.

I was curious of how the evart trail was. never had a problem last time I rode it. evrything is dusty right now due to the dry spell we have been having along with the oven effect!! We were planning on riding that next weekend since it is only a hour away.

I'm headed up there saturday night late and will probably rid3e most of sunday....I normally ride rose city and ambrose. So, Evart is all new to me. All i know is my buddies cabin is in Evart. so i'm going to look where the trail heads are on line and go from there. send me a pm and i will give you my cell # or soemthing yzman and we can do some riding.

I road Evart today. Parked at the Sand pit and should of guessed when we had to move a tree in the road to get by that the rest of the trail was gonna be like that. It needs to be cleaned up. How do you go about doing that? Could I just take the quad and a chain saw out and start cutting? It has been really dry up here and the rain just flooded everything today, fun ride. Steve.

Downed trees add character to the trail. The DNR frowns on unauthorized cleanup and unless you are certified to use the chainsaw they don"t want you cutting.

I believe that the KOM (Kent Ottawa Muskegon) chapter of the CCC is in charge of cleaning up the Evart trail. They probably have a fall cleanup scheduled.

Might want to give them a shout to let them know what is up with that trail

John Carlson

1450 S. Brucker

Fremont, MI

Ph. (231)-924-5965

mailtoJwbike@aol.com

Dont know if I can do Sunday as I may be at Red Bud that day. I was thinking more like Monday.

Its monday or no-day for me

If I don't ride Saturday, I will be game for Monday. I plan on going to Redbud Sunday now. Going to ride down with your coworker and her husband and bring the little one.

tallboy, evart is on us10 some 20 miles east of reed city. Iwas hoping to ride on sunday, but it might look that monday might be the day. maybe 2 round trips 1 in each direction.

And dont it just figure. Wife went to see her parents that are in town. She comes home minus one kid. Kids staying with grandparants tonight. So now I have all day today to play. Might just have to go for a dual sport ride up to Cedar/Horseshoe this afternoon.