Sign in to follow this  

eliminating passenger pegs.

O.K. I want to shave some weight on my S model so one of the common items to remove is the passenger pegs. What have others out there used or done to create a mount for the exhaust as the right peg bracket incorporated the exhaust mount? I use to see a slick little aluminum bracket on E-bay but they were $30 and I haven't seen them lately.

I cut my right-side passenger peg bracket with a pneumatic cut-off wheel, rounded it with the wheel, cleaned up the edge further with a mill file and some sandpaper. Probably spent about 15 minutes doing that and then I spray-painted it black (gloss, because I didn't have semi=flat). It looks like a factory piece now.

The toughest part of the job is pulling out, and reinstalling, the rubber bushing, but I was worried that the heat from cutting it would damage the rubber. Use soapy water and be prepared to curse a lot. The rubber bushing is shaped like a Duncan Butterfly Yo-Yo.

O.K. I want to shave some weight on my S model so one of the common items to remove is the passenger pegs. What have others out there used or done to create a mount for the exhaust as the right peg bracket incorporated the exhaust mount? I use to see a slick little aluminum bracket on E-bay but they were $30 and I haven't seen them lately.

Here's where I got mine...The one on Ebay is from the UK...This one you can order from the U.S. $30 including shipping...Cheapest price I know of unless you wanna go to the trouble of making one...Mine has been on the bike for almost 18 months now...

http://www.tnrdesigns.com/motorcycles.htm

I have one of the eliminators too... works great, been on my bike since it was new in 02... they pop up on ebay alot, got mine there for $18 including shipping...

Not to be off the subject.. hehe...

what is a honda CX turbo? Joe

Just a BTW most machineshops worth a shit in MY Opinion like making one offs... It makes the op think for about thirty sec. and then they ask if you want it annodized purple 🙂

not that u need a custom rig..... .... ... but who doesn't "need" a custom rig. lol

🙂

to remove the rubber bushing easily, drop the bracket or footpeg assy.in a pot of boiling water for a few seconds. remove with pliers, let cool for a bit. it'll pop right out.

I cut mine like fmaxwel did too. I spent a ton of money on this bike but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to pay 30 bucks for that eliminator.

I cut mine like fmaxwel did too. I spent a ton of money on this bike but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to pay 30 bucks for that eliminator.

Same here. Had it been $20, I'd have sprung for it, but $30 is better spent elsewhere, so out came the pneumatic cut-off tool. No regrets. It looks great. And I had a spare set of passenger pegs and brackets that I got as part of a deal with some other parts.

Only problem with hacking up the stock ones are if you ever want to use them to take someone for a ride sometime.. Guys have been on this board looking for a set because they cut thiers...

I have a used aluminum one for $20 shipped if anyone wants it. Or not. 🙂

Only problem with hacking up the stock ones are if you ever want to use them to take someone for a ride sometime.. Guys have been on this board looking for a set because they cut thiers...

I was beginning to think I was the only one who likes having rear pegs. I use

them as another place to put my feet on longer rides. . .

I cut mine like fmaxwell also.

Little spray paint and it looks great.

Make your own, pretty easy with aluminum.

No doubt 🙂 $30.00 for that tiny ass thing??? Hell I have enough scrap aluminum lying in my bin to make several hundred of those. I never gave it much thought as i figured most guys would just make one. I guess not everyone has aluminum lying around. No reason that should cost that much though. I would guess 10 or 12 shipped tops, 🙂

I thought about cutting my peg but didn't want to ruin it as I have kids and may want to take them on the back when they get older. I also thought about making one but I don't have any aluminum laying arround and I'm leaving with the bike on vacation Saturday. I actually found one of the TNR Designs brackets today at my local cycle shop and they only wanted $21.95 so I got it. Thanks to everyone for the info. 🙂