Sign in to follow this  

For those of you who pray

PLEASE pray for Becca and her 6 daughters. My good friend of 20 years (Michael David Reed)took his own life tonight.

They are devastated (as am I)

His youngest was 2 his eldest 19 oir 20.

No this is not even a hint at a sick joke.

TTYL

Thank you, Sisters. Please pray for his parents, too. His dad is a pastor.

Dani

Sometimes I think the world is just to harsh of a place for the truly 'good' people... :)

Take care of each other. If Becca needs someone to talk to, feel free to tell her my story and pass on my email, Dani. And of course, don't forget I'm here for you as well, if you need an 'ear'.

Peace.

Sometimes I think the world is just to harsh of a place for the truly 'good' people... :)

Take care of each other. If Becca needs someone to talk to, feel free to tell her my story and pass on my email, Dani. And of course, don't forget I'm here for you as well, if you need an 'ear'.

Peace.

Thanks, Sis. I think in a week or 2 I'll send her your email.

You've got the goods on this story better than anyone I know.

Thanks for all your support.

I cannot believe I can't call him or email him. It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from. :)

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!! I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers!

In His hands we commit this family and those who knew him. Take care and will lift your request daily.

In Christs name we gather and agree for peace and strength for all who are within this wake and have been struck by the shock of how this wake has become a ripple that has stretched out to touch and change others. Be within each one who is in need of your healing touch Lord. Amen

SimplyMe

Thanks ladies (and gents, too) for praying for Mike's family. His wife says the service was perfect, and Mike wanted to be returned to the waterfall in North Georgia where they were married, and she is doing this.

I cannot comprehend this yet...perhaps I never will, but I can comprehend y'all's love and compassion.

I thank you from the very bottome of my heart.

Dani

Dani,

My thoughts and prayers are with them as well as I too recently lost a friend. On June 27th, a friend that I raced against for the last 20 years took his own life. His wife had left him and took their daughter with. He just couldn't cope with it.

The worst part of the whole deal is that his own father was the one who found him hanging in his basement and had to cut through the tie downs to get him down. His visitation was on the 30th.

I spent the whole night wondering how it got that bad. I hope I never find out.

Yeah, Mike gave me no warning. He was overwhelmed by legal and financial woes.

He never asked me for a dime, and I told him when we sold the house he could have all my $$$ he needed. He just wrote his wife a letter and BANG gone. (oh, no he did not shoot himself. He did not want the Anti-gun people to use him as a statistic for their side.)

A man of principle, even if it was misguided.

I would have done ANYTHING for him. Anything. :):)