Sign in to follow this  

Gasket Cannot Find A Replacment

I had the bottom bolt behind the rear brake lever back out and started to leak oil I got about 2 good turns on it but it is still leaking no gasket available can rvt sealent be used also does my 1984xr250r have a 6speed box I have read it does but mine is a 5speed or I just cant get it into 6th

Pop the cover off and make a gasket. Go get some gasket paper at Checker, smear a thin bead of grease on the cover and place it on the gasket paper. Now remove it and cut out everywhere theirs no grease. Use a 22 cal. shell and hammer as a punch for the bolt holes. Don't rtv, doesn't work, very backyard mechanic. If the bike shifts ok in all the gears and the lever doesn't hit anything you probably got a five speed. My XR 1986 is a 6 speed but I'm not sure about yours.

Are you talking about the center cases leaking or the right hand crankcase cover leaking?

If its the right hand crankcase new gaskets are available and are ~$12 from Honda. I can guarantee the gasket hasnt been discontinued because the same gasket is used all the way up until the 95 model year.

If its the center case gasket, yes those have been discontined but as of a few months ago XRs Only had a bunch of them. Splitting the cases is a quite involved project though. Proceed there with caution.

Yes the 84 has a 6 speed gear box.