Sign in to follow this  

ProCycle shop question (MO)

Anything good or bad to say about the MO. shop called ProCycle?

Either Springfield or Columbia stores.

They show some good prices (XR's) on the internet but is it all BS or real?

New bike prices I'm asking about.

Thanks!

Tim in So.Cal.

Yes, highly recommend them. You absolutely can not beat their prices on new bikes. Went down and bought 2 TTRs from them, no frills, had a to wait a while but these guys are selling 500-600 bikes a month this time of year. Our local dealer told us he can't buy TTRs (or probably any new bike) for what we paid for them out the door.

I dealt with the Columbia store, actually found them on Ebay originally and was skeptical about how low their prices were.

The prices are awesome, but i hear the service dept. sucks? haven't dealt with them much personally though

Here is my experience with Procycle in Columbia.

I decided last year that I needed a new bike, so I called Procycle in Columbia for pricing. I was given a price of $4600 for a new 2004 DRZ 400E or that they still had 2 left over 2002 DRZ 400E with a price of $3800. I confirmed with the salesman that this was the walkout price and there would be no additional charges. The salesman assured me this was the walkout price. I took a day off work and drove 2.5 hours to the store in Columbia. When I got to the store I dealt with the same salesman that I spoke with on the phone. I looked at both the 2004 & 2002 model, I confirmed with the salesman again, that the walkout price for the 2002 was $3800, and he assured me that was the price. I decided that I would purchase the 2002 model. They took the bike back to service to get ready for delivery. During this time, I met with the finance manager to take care of the paperwork. As the finance manager started handing me papers to sign, the price had increased to $4100. I questioned the finance manager of the price difference. I explained that I was given a walkout price of $3800 and if need be, I would go get the salesmen. He then explained to me that the extra charges was for the paperwork and set-up of the bike. I again explained to the finance manager that I was given a price of $3800, and that I had also confirmed with the salesman that were no other charges. The finance manager stated that the salesman had no authority to waive the charges for the paperwork or set-up of the bike. The finance manager left his office, came back a few minutes later stating that he would split the extra $300, so now the price would be $3950. I told the finance manager that I appreciated his efforts, but that I agreed to pay $3800, not $4100 or $3950. It was the point that I was given a price, took off work, drove to the store, now I am there and the price has increased. I got up and started walking out of the store, they stopped me at the door and agreed upon the price of $3800.

I have spoken to several others that have also purchased bikes at Procycle with very similar experiences.

Needless to say even with the additional charges that you may encounter, Procycle's price is still hard to beat.

The 2003 XR650r and xr250r are not new .They are well used demos that have never been titled.

Not procycle, but i drove to tenn. to abernathys in union city, online price out the door for an 05 cr85r was 2599.00, i called and was garanteed that price, here in stlouis the dealers to me i was crazy, that it was below there cost, they wanted 3199.00. well i took the chance, drove there, the bike was ready out front, 2599.00 was the total. best buying experience i've ever had. check out there website good deals on hondas and yamahas.

I've heard they don't hardly have any parts in stock either.

You have to watch them,lots of hidden costs, and alot of their bikes come from dealer auctions, crate damaged etc.

Thanks for all the info guys, it's exactly what I was looking for.

The drive from So.Cal. to MO is a bit far to buy from a questionable shop.

The drive's worth it when buying 5 bikes but isn't as attractive with the schetchy sales costs.

Thanks for the info on Abernathy's, I'll check into 'em.

I agree with everything posted above. The prices on the new bikes can't be beat but be prepared for the additional 500 in crate fees, set up fees, finance fees etc. I purchased my 05 YZ 250f at procycle and am happy with the purchase as the price was 4499.00 new! That is hard to beat with a most shops ranging from 5200-5400.

So the price is great (BASE PRICE) but they will get you everywhere else in the store. I have not heard about crate damages or anything. I had a scratch on my fender but I am not exactly buying a new car...one trip out to chadwick and well...let's say it still kind of looks new.

For 5 bikes - I would make the drive. Could save you a bundle. Just come prepared for the fees (might want to call them first to see if they will work with you). It has been my experience that they DO NOT haggle at all...all cash down...nadda..nothing. Like noted above, they sell a truck load of bikes so they kind of have the attitude that if you don't buy, the next person in line will.

Here is my experience with Procycle in Columbia.

I decided last year that I needed a new bike, so I called Procycle in Columbia for pricing. I was given a price of $4600 for a new 2004 DRZ 400E or that they still had 2 left over 2002 DRZ 400E with a price of $3800. I confirmed with the salesman that this was the walkout price and there would be no additional charges. The salesman assured me this was the walkout price. I took a day off work and drove 2.5 hours to the store in Columbia. When I got to the store I dealt with the same salesman that I spoke with on the phone. I looked at both the 2004 & 2002 model, I confirmed with the salesman again, that the walkout price for the 2002 was $3800, and he assured me that was the price. I decided that I would purchase the 2002 model. They took the bike back to service to get ready for delivery. During this time, I met with the finance manager to take care of the paperwork. As the finance manager started handing me papers to sign, the price had increased to $4100. I questioned the finance manager of the price difference. I explained that I was given a walkout price of $3800 and if need be, I would go get the salesmen. He then explained to me that the extra charges was for the paperwork and set-up of the bike. I again explained to the finance manager that I was given a price of $3800, and that I had also confirmed with the salesman that were no other charges. The finance manager stated that the salesman had no authority to waive the charges for the paperwork or set-up of the bike. The finance manager left his office, came back a few minutes later stating that he would split the extra $300, so now the price would be $3950. I told the finance manager that I appreciated his efforts, but that I agreed to pay $3800, not $4100 or $3950. It was the point that I was given a price, took off work, drove to the store, now I am there and the price has increased. I got up and started walking out of the store, they stopped me at the door and agreed upon the price of $3800.

I have spoken to several others that have also purchased bikes at Procycle with very similar experiences.

Needless to say even with the additional charges that you may encounter, Procycle's price is still hard to beat.

My experience exactly!!! They said one thing and did another. :applause: They ended up waving the "setup & misc" fees. Ended up paying $5399 OTD for a 2005 CRF250x.

I ended up getting a great bike at a great price....but with all the BS I had to go through, not sure it was worth it.

I'll never buy there again

Thanks for all the info guys, it's exactly what I was looking for.

The drive from So.Cal. to MO is a bit far to buy from a questionable shop.

The drive's worth it when buying 5 bikes but isn't as attractive with the schetchy sales costs.

Thanks for the info on Abernathy's, I'll check into 'em.

Call Abernathy's. They sell tons of bikes and twice as many quads on a daily basis. I was there visiting relatives, and a guy from northern Montana drove down to pick up 8 quads and take them back. All of his friends joined together and bought them all and paid for him to drive down and trailer them all back and still saved a lot of money. I bet the had over 500 quads still in the plastic shrink wrap stacked up outside. They also sold a V-rod and two dirt bikes while I was there, and I bet I wasn't there more than 45 minutes. I don't know if the new Harley-Davidson building is complete, so they can have the HD separate from their other dealership.

I bought an '05 CRF450R from them for $5900 and 2 other's around Tulsa also bought from them. 2 of us had no issues with them trying to stick set up fees or other charges but the third guy was told there was a $50 setup fee or something to that affect. He told them he wasn't paying it and he didn't in the end.

I really don't care if their service department sucks or they do not stock parts but it is a good place to get a great price on a bike. If they try and pull that crap on you just play hard ball with them.

The one in Springfield sold me my bike. Was a really good price, but if you ever need service, parts or even to ask a simple question, its best for me to deal with Neosho Powersports or Lebanon Honda. My battery went bad before a year had went by. Springfield Procycle couldn't even find history that I had bought the bike there. I had to show them the sales receipt. Don't expect to find the good deal as you do with the bike if pricing accessories at Procycle either. I go elsewhere for that too. The buying is excellent there, but the support sucks. Not sure about the Columbia Procycles credibility.

When i was driving through Springfield, I stopped at their Honda dealer to see what I could have gotten on my 230. He offered 3,100, out the door. He showed me where they keep their bikes, and they all looked to be in good condition, with no noticable damage. It looked like a good place to get a bike.

We bought an 05crf250r and an 05 crf450r and they waived the set-up and other fees, but a few months later when we went back to get an 05 yz250 they wouldn't waive the fees. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

i got a new crf230 for only 2499. no hidden costs. however it was off of ebay. great deal!!!