Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Screw picture please

I am not very bright.

I have looked at all the links, but have not found the exact location of the fuel screw.

I know it is under the carb, but it is not obvious to me. Can someone shoot a photo and point it out.

thanks 🙂

It's up inside the circular cavity. Should be to the front of the carb bowl.......

OK, i see the small circular cavity, if i can fit a screw driver in there, Is it a flat head, allen or phillips?

Do I need the special screw driver?

Spend the money ($20) and buy a aftermarket screw adjuster to replace the factory screw. You'll be using it often.

you might have to bend a screwdriver to access the stock screw either that or just loosen the carb boot. i would definitely second the reccommendation for an aftermarket screw. the zip-ty screw eliminates the need for a customized flathead b/c you can adjust it from the bottom of the carb with your fingers. and you always be able to find it.

The main caution with the ZipTy or any extended screw is to make sure that you have the correct pilot.

If you need to turn the screw out more than 2 turns, go to a larger pilot and get that screw setting between 1 and 2.

There have been many reports of the screws falling out, but it seems that most of these have been running over 2-3 turns out.

Also don't overtighten one either...

I've heard of probably 10 different people that tightened theirs too much and broke the tip of it off inside the carb.

A light seat is all that's necesarry.

If you can find a screwdriver short enough, just grab a bit from a cordless driver. It works well. I use a ZipTy fuel screw, if you go this route, heed the warnings about breaking the tip off inside the carb. Good way to destroy a $900 carb in a few seconds.