Sign in to follow this  

Seattle WA

I'm going to be up in Seattle for a week maybe longer August 25-Sept sometime. I was looking for some good trails in that area. I will be meeting my twin from MT and his wife so if anyone would like to show us around we'll bring the beers for afterward throw in a dinner as well. I've never ridden in WA state and I love new areas any information you can pass on would be great

Brian

brianbliss@hotmail.com

I know there has to be some good riding around the seattle area, not looking for moto cross track. anyone???? maps general area with name and I can find the rest thanks.

Well there is a lot of riding around here, just depends on what you like and I guess your riding skill 🙂

You prefer single track or nice wide open trails 🙂

Also how far are you willing to drive to ride????

For a first time in Wash. ride I might suggest Capital Forest,Tahuya/Belfair areas....lots of trail and good views to boot.Might want to get a map for Capital, a new guy could get real lost out there.

If not kids to bring along I would head to Evans Creek area..My personal favorite riding spot, once you get past the quads :D

Like I said just depends on how far your willing to drive.

If you make it up here and want to try Evans......PM and maybe I could guide you through hell so to speak :D

Good luck and this link may come in handy while up here.

www.nmaoffroad.org

The Big Cat

Well, just 2 hours east of Seattle is some good singletrack ... You are bringing your bike I assume? When you pick a date for sure, post it and we'll see who's going where.

I will be in around Seattle around August 24/25 till Sept 5 depending on the riding I am bringing 3 bikes with me so I'm good there. We are heading back to MT so where your talking about sounds like a great day trip. My twin brother is flying in to Seattle to meet me hang for a few days then we are going to spend the next 8-10 days riding. We ride all the time in MT and it's got some sweet riding but i'd like to see some other areas since i'm moving back to MT i can ride that all the time I want. I not an expert rider but i love single track and technical stuff really anytime on a bike is a good time. We'd buy the beers and some dinner and we'd always return the favor if anyone wanted to see the beautiful trails in MT..

thanks guys

Brian

Hmmm, you should make a stop in north Idaho part of your trip. Wallace has some awesome trails.

Plenty of good riding, all about an hour or 2 from the downtown area.

Post again a couple of weeks before you come up and there are many cool folks around here to hook you up with directions and or a guide for the day.

for example

Tahuya

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/htdocs/lm/recreation/tahuya/

capital

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/pdf/cap_for_both.pdf

many more on the eastside of the state as Firecracker mentioned. You wont be disapointed 🙂

Welcome to Washington. Watch out for the law, we always say you can drive all over the USA and the only tickets you'll get are leaving WA and returning.

To get better recommendation of riding areas it would help if you mentioned what kind of bikes you are bringing. If you have three XR100s that type of riding is a little different than if you have three KLR 650s, for example. It will make it easier for people to make recommendations.

Tom

If you wanted to head East out of Seattle and work your way over towards MT, I'd suggest heading to Reiter off HWY 2 near Goldbar for a good technical ride. You NEED a guide to hit the good stuff. Then continue east on HWY 2 and ride Lake Wenatchee area. Then you could hit Devil's Gulch a little farther east before heading South down HWY 97 to Cle Elum where you have Teannaway on the north side, and Taneum on the south side. Both are worth at least a full day. East of that it's generally more open desert/dunes unless you head to the northeastern part of WA which will put you near north ID as well. That's what I'd do if it was my trip......

Jeremy

I'm bringing a ktm 300 exc, and a yz 426 that has been modified to a 480 and geared to a tractor. and a bbr ttr125L which won't do me much good but i'm meeting a couple of old girlfriends on the way up and they like to ride. I enjoy all types of riding, I'm not the fastest guy 6'3 270lbs 31 yrs old but i ride year round in TX and do several hare scrambles and enduro's so i should be able to keep up if not i'm great at following the dust on the trails. If your interested in possibly hooking up shoot me your name and number to brianbliss@hotmail.com, again i'll buy the cold beers and I would have an open invitation to some fantastic riding in MT.. thanks guys..

the option on the way to MT in Idaho sounds great want to show us around?

again any riding is good riding

Bbbom and crew are the ones who best could show you around north Idaho, as I've only ridden there 3 times or so. It's beautiful though, and some places are pretty darn technical. However Lake Wenatchee, Salmon la Sac and/or Taneum should be on your list too, as they are just on the east slopes of the cascades. Maybe I'll follow you to Idaho as I haven't ridden there in 2 years or so. Bbbom loves to watch me fall down so that should be fun for all. 🙂

I'm bringing a ktm 300 exc, and a yz 426 that has been modified to a 480 and geared to a tractor. and a bbr ttr125L which won't do me much good but i'm meeting a couple of old girlfriends on the way up and they like to ride. I enjoy all types of riding, I'm not the fastest guy 6'3 270lbs 31 yrs old but i ride year round in TX and do several hare scrambles and enduro's so i should be able to keep up if not i'm great at following the dust on the trails. If your interested in possibly hooking up shoot me your name and number to brianbliss@hotmail.com, again i'll buy the cold beers and I would have an open invitation to some fantastic riding in MT.. thanks guys..

the option on the way to MT in Idaho sounds great want to show us around?

again any riding is good riding

If you like to ride enduros and want to do one when you are out here, check out the Black Bear Enduro at Capitol Forest on August 28. PM me for more details. Also you HAVE to go to Gifford Pinchot and ride up to the lookout while you are here. You can see Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood all in one 360 degree circle. It's absolutely beautiful!! I will probably be heading down there for a weekend trip on Labor Day weekend.

If you like to ride enduros and want to do one when you are out here, check out the Black Bear Enduro at Capitol Forest on August 28. PM me for more details. Also you HAVE to go to Gifford Pinchot and ride up to the lookout while you are here. You can see Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood all in one 360 degree circle. It's absolutely beautiful!! I will probably be heading down there for a weekend trip on Labor Day weekend.

KTMChick,

Is this lookout on a map anywhere? I have never ridden GP but would like to get there this Summer some time. How far is it from Olympia?

Greg

It is on the map. Here is a link to the map: http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/trailbikes/global/images/1999-trail-map.pdf

The viewpoint is off of trail 118 (see very right hand side of map). It's kind of technical getting up there, so beginner riders might have some issues. It's definately worth the time though!!

Basically you want to head to Randle. It will probably take you 2 and 1/2 hours to get there. When we go, we usually ride out of the Adams Fork Campground, which is about 45 minutes from Randle.

I'm looking for riders to ride with and places to ride myself & I'm sure even slower then slowrider! would love to get in on the ride in Sept

Alan

I will be in around Seattle around August 24/25 till Sept 5 depending on the riding I am bringing 3 bikes with me so I'm good there. We are heading back to MT so where your talking about sounds like a great day trip. My twin brother is flying in to Seattle to meet me hang for a few days then we are going to spend the next 8-10 days riding. We ride all the time in MT and it's got some sweet riding but i'd like to see some other areas since i'm moving back to MT i can ride that all the time I want. I not an expert rider but i love single track and technical stuff really anytime on a bike is a good time. We'd buy the beers and some dinner and we'd always return the favor if anyone wanted to see the beautiful trails in MT..

thanks guys

Brian

We were there today ( hamilton butte)...absolutelyfreakinunbelievable!!!!!👍

Joe

I'm looking for riders to ride with and places to ride myself & I'm sure even slower then slowrider! would love to get in on the ride in Sept

Alan

You did catch the original post date of 2005 right? 👍

Greg

Greg

yup--missed that date and ride! not used to this board,,, or really boards in general.

I'm getting a real jones for some riding-- but I need a couple of things-- I need to set up my motorhome to tow my little truck and need a towbar and brake set up and the brackets welded to the towed vehicle--and it all set up,,, any recommendations? the prices have a wide range,,, rv stores are way way up there,,, don't know too many places for stuff up here. guess I could just take the truck for a day trip or motel it, but I really enjoy long weekends--you just do day outings or what?

also, need to get a spark arrestor,, don't need ranger hassles!

Greg

hey, cpa? on your own or ?? want to buy a book of tax return prep clients?

Alan

hey, cpa? on your own or ?? want to buy a book of tax return prep clients?

Alan

My CPA certificate is not current with the state. Also, I work as a controller so my tax experience is limited to the dozen or so returns I do each year for family and co-workers.

I don't know about RV work so I can't help you there. I typically drive up and back same day but am real tired of it. I am looking for a pop-up to pull with my Frontier but good used ones are still at least $4,000 if not $6,000. I want to just finance a brand new one and pay it off over time but have yet to make my mind up. Driving 2.5 hours one way makes for a long day.

Greg