Sign in to follow this  

8000 ft...

Takin the xr250 (280 in two more days) up to new mexico in about two weeks. What do you guys recommend for jets?

You going to Cloudcroft? I was there a few weeks ago and here is what I did on my XR400. Dropped the MJ one size and the PJ 2 sizes and re-set the fuel screw after getting the bike warmed up. I normally run a 162 MJ and a 60 PJ.

The bike started and ran great and the guys I was with couldn't believe I only kicked the bike once or twice to start it hot or cold.

Cloudcroft is what we were looking at in a couple of weeks, and I was hopeing to not have to rejet all 4 motors for a pleasure ride there. My 400 has 160 and 60, but I have the stock 142 and 52 also. The others are stock. will this give me much trouble?

When I went to Kennedy Meadows here locally the first time we were at 7000 and rode to 10,000 and my bike with the 162 & 60 jetting ran like crap. The next time I went to a 58 PJ and it was still too rich. The third time I went to a 55 PJ and it ran much better. I ran a 160 & 55 at Cloudcroft and it ran bitchen.

Get a good map and be prepared for ROCKS and LOTS of them!