More Power Needed For The X

hell buy a R head prep it with RHC porting and 187 cam and a JE piston head only costs about $220

what do you think Ron would it make usable power for a trailbike I.E good lowend and mid with some top end to boot?

I was thinking of trying this with mine later this year

Bryce

I've done all the uncorking and jetting, But with the extra weight, it screams for more power.

RHC; That's east coast, no?

I hear ta there I was happy with the power for the first ride and have been scheming on how to get more ever since

Bryce

hell 10 hp I want 15 more I figure RHC should be able to get me around there gunna ride some motard on it next year and I figure about 60hp would work nice as long as it doesn't create too big of a hit for trailriding

Bryce

im just wondernig what you need the extra power for ? In most cases its the rider, not the amount of power that makes you faster. I weigh 190, did the mods, put a pipe on and a cam, dialed in the jetting and the thing rips. For being the weight it is and the bike it is in regards to its purpose, its one helluva bike - and i have 3 other newer models and ill take the x any day over anything else

An '02 CRFR (green sticker) makes 50-ish hp. An '05 CRFX (also green) makes 40ish hp, and weighs 28lbs more. The '02 CRFR turns funny, and has a lightswitch powerband. It is the only other green sticker bike I would consider (and own).

The X is the only NEW green sticker bike offered that comes close to my riding needs. But it is too slow and heavy. Heavy is moot. Slow is not.

That's why.