Sign in to follow this  

TT500 Year Identification (VIN?)

Just bought what I think is a '77 (?) TT500. I can't find any numbers on it except for a nine digit alphanumeric set right between the fork tubes near the handlebars. It reads: 1T1-100567. Can anyone tell me what year the bike is from these digits? If so, how do you read them or do you have a web page that can tell me the info? Thanks in advance!

Curt

Frame is 78. It should have the same number on RH engine main case on top a few inches behind barrel. Tons of info on the TT500 on thumperforum. Ron Sutton has article on recource page about all XT/TT numbers and color of tanks. 78 came with yellow tank.

It should have the same number on RH engine main case on top a few inches behind barrel. .

sometimes it wont be the same number.. sometimes it will be a few off... even says it in the yamaha manual ...most of the time it will be the same though...

The Yamaha website has complete parts fiche online. Alas, more and more of the stuff is becoming obsolete, unavailable, gone!

"Ron Sutton has article on recource page about all XT/TT numbers and color of tanks. 78 came with yellow tank."

Can anyone point me to this resource page article? I've been all over the site and cannot find it, and searches for "identification", "Ron Sutton", etc. only turns up this thread. :D

I just snagged a bike and I cannot find anything from here to Google that helps ID the year...

Thanks!