Sign in to follow this  

need some help

I just installed a FMF Fatty and FMF shorty on my 99 yz250 and its running like crap.. i was wondering if this could mean i need to change the jets or is it something else it ran fine before..

I'm not trying to be a dick, but this is "Thumper Talk", not "2-Stroke Talk". You may get some help, but you'll likely have better luck with a 2-Stroke forum. It's not that this place is full of snobs, it's just that the knowledge base is limited. Sorry bud...SC

completely understand i do know what the forum is.. and i do belong to other 2storke forums but thumpertalk no matter a pinger or a thumper i get the most helpful information here and the fastest relpies

raiderx72,

Try moving the needle clip position in your carburetor. The 2nd from top is a good place to start on a '99YZ250. The pilot jet can be lowered from a #50 to #45 or 48 if the idle still seems rich.

Hope this helps,

James

where is running like crap at? Like top end or about middle throttle. If its running like crap on the top end I would say you are running lean. Do a plug check and go from that.