Sign in to follow this  

Stock forks, need more compression dampening...?

Heavier weight fork oil? Not sure of stock weight ['00 DRZ400S], or heavier springs maybe? Need them harder for backing into corners at the track, they're just crushing right now when I come hard into a corner, no real stoppie action. (I have braided lines, Braking setup—serious stopping power)

Thnx, DiZzY

The stock forks are set up for a 140 pound guy!!! You need stiffer springs.. I had to go to a .46

The 00 and 01 S forks are damper rod. There are several things you can do. First, change out the oil in the forks, it 5 years old! I would suggest Mobil 1 ATF, it's about 7.5 wt. When you do, increase the level to 4 inches, stock is 6.5. The stock springs may need to be changed also, go out to RaceTech's site and use their spring rate calculator. I have heard good review on their cartridge emulators to upgrade the damper rod action. Alot of your handling woes could be comming from the back also, so while your using the race tech site do the back also. Preload on the back affects front end angles greatly.

The stock forks are set up for a 140 pound guy!!! You need stiffer springs.. I had to go to a .46

How much do you weight? I'm 190

I got .48 race tech I am 230 @ 6 2

still soft IMO I think I need the valving golded

the brake dive is stupidly dumb... the compression damping however is good... At fully turned in it will rattle my skull on a bump. Not like a sport bike but definatly noticeable

Wish I had a dive adjustment