Sign in to follow this  

My friends messed up YZ250

So it is missing a fork gaurd, fender, has a jerry rigged brake lever, lost the axle bolt and adjuster, so we shoved a rock in and balining wired the heck out of it, and it has a bent rear subframe. Has anyone ever fixed a bent frame like this?

f387de83.jpg

f387dd45.jpg

f3792eb9.jpg

f3792e72.jpg

f3792e3a.jpg

f3792e26.jpg

f3792e07.jpg

f3792dd1.jpg

Nice bike, you take it off any sweet jumps?

The brake lever was a hillclimb gone bad. The fork gaurd was a jump gone bad. The fender fell off one day and we didn't want to go back and get it. The axle nut fell off so we tied it back together. The jacked up frame was a wheelie that went too far and the bike came back on itself.

For the frame, heat up the subframe slowly with a plumber's torch or butane lighter, whichever you happen to have, (I recommend the first) untill the paint starts to bubble slightly. Then use a crowbar or long metal rod to bend it back. You may have to heat and bend a few times, don't do it all at once or you will snap your subframe.

Fix the things that matter. You don't want to get hurt. If its worth it, get more into detail to get the bike back to normal condition. If its not worth it, toss it in the garbage or sell it for 75bucks once hes done with it. Hell I'll take it. I could use it as a ancher for fishing.

Time + money <vs> price of new bike. Its up to you.

Or you could just let him ride it as is untill he pokes his eye out.

It won't weaken it at all if you heat it up enough before you bend the subframe. Metal is meant to be bent. The only damage would be the paint job, but the bike is a POS so who cares?

It won't weaken it at all if you heat it up enough before you bend the subframe. Metal is meant to be bent. The only damage would be the paint job, but the bike is a POS so who cares?

I would think the strength of the subframe has already been weakened. Heating it up and bending it back into place isn't going to make it any stronger. That would be an OK solution, but it's just going to bend even easier next time something like that happens.

now that wouldnt happen to a honda 🙂

I have an '88 honda xr250 and put a rack on the back and snapped the frame. I put a steel rod inside and welded it back together.

now that wouldnt happen to a honda 🙂

Nope,the Honda I currently have has a cracked subframe and my xr250s subframe was bent. 🙂

man of the engines good and shit keep that and ditch the rest take all use-able parts...NOT the f-ed ones and keep them.....prolly will be just the engine...keep it and just throw away all other stuff....and the swing arm and maybe the forks

that chains a lil tight,you might wanna tell him to loosen it a lil....

Metal is meant to be bent. QUOTE]

And God said " There shall be metal on Earth, and its purpose will to be bent."

The bike has got nice tires.....you can't beat those intermediate terrain Maxxis's.

Have you ever thought of getting a performance exhaust and silencer. I think a Set of RG3 clamps would really make this bike awsome. The pictures just does not do this bike any justice. I love it!!!!!