Dumped my CR125 in water

I was riding today, and was going through some deep water when my front end washed out. I quickly picked up the bike, and pushed it about 2/3 mile back to the truck. The water was about 8 inches deep. I chaneg the plug, and managed to get it started. I reved the piss out of it to get the water out of the exhaust, and probably some out of the engine. Good idea? After I got home I pulled the air filter and cleaned it, and changed the trany oil. Is there anything else I should do? Do you guys think I may have done any other damage I should look into?

Ok, so I know this guy, who dumped a bike in the H20 it went under and so did he. deeper than I thought, I mean he thought, started it back up and finished riding, another 12 miles,

It is not a diesel, it will be ok. just change the oil and filter, and air filter.

if the motor choked it can cause back pressure inwhich you may of sucked water into the barrel get some dirt in between the rings and piston you may of done some damage it has happened before cant hirt to check if you take the she'l be right approach like so many others this is when the unexpected happens when you really want to go on that ride

You are lucky you didnt hydraulic lock the motor (with its associated bent conrod). Normal practice is to remove the plug and kick the motor over a number of times. Even better is to invert the bike while doing this. This makes sure 99% of the water is removed from the motor. Thereafter running the motor cleans any residual liquid. Oil change and filter cleaning are good ideas.

always clean the filter prior to a restart after a dunking - prevenst that trapped moisture from getting sucked into the motor, alos remove the plug and kick it over a few times and drain the oil and refill. alot to do while out in the boonies - but IF you have all the stuff with you - I believe these are the most necesary maintenance (post dunk) precations

You are lucky you didnt hydraulic lock the motor (with its associated bent conrod). Normal practice is to remove the plug and kick the motor over a number of times. Even better is to invert the bike while doing this. This makes sure 99% of the water is removed from the motor. Thereafter running the motor cleans any residual liquid. Oil change and filter cleaning are good ideas.

I saw an '84 KTM 250 do that.....it split the cylinder half way up. There was a crack about 1/4 inch wide the whole way around the cylinder. Amazing stuff!

Nah, eveything is cool. The only thing I should have done was sqeaze out the filter befire restarting the motor. Everything runs fine now. I will avoid those huge puddle's like the plague from now on. As for getting a 250f, thats what I has originally intended to do. I was gonna ride my CRF230 for one more season and then buy a CRF250, but got a great deal on my CR125. I love the bike, it has given me everything I wanted out of a bike. I dont mind working on bikes, but I would prefer to not have to do a four stroke top end rebuild in the middle of riding season.

Four Stroke Top End

I Had My Yz426 For 4 Years And Raced It About 1 Or Twice A Month

Practiced Evey Thurs And Saterday 50 Weeks A Year And Never Touched The Motor Except To Change Oil And Filter And A Plug Every 2 Months For Fun

And My 450 Is Still Going Strong With No Mechanical Work At All

Change The Oil Again And See If Its Got Any Water In It

I Would Change It A Couple Of Times But Ride For A 10 20 Min Then Chack Again Between Each Change Till Its Good And Clean

Other Wise Ya Might Screw Up Bottom End

Not to be a dick, but how do you screw up the bottom end on a 2-stroke by not changing the oil or having dirty oil? It is lubricated by the pre-mix oil. You might screw up the tranny, but not the bottom end.

He Got Friggin Water In The Pipe Which Leades To The Top End Which Leads To The Bottom End Thats What I Was Talking About Then He Had Water In The Oil Also

Water Goes Everywhere When Ya Dump It Over In The Lake

If You Dont Think Water Will Get In The Oil Thru The Top End You Sadly Mistaken