Sign in to follow this  

Crf 450x Street Legal At Cc Camp 6-25-26

I am trying to find out how hard that was to street legal the 450X....looked to be a nice fit...just didn't have time to ask the questions ...any info would be great... 🙂

it would easy in any other state than CA. you may luck out and get it done, but I would bet NO. I sure wouldn't take a chance on spending the 5 large on the kit.

If you register the bike as a "custom" (like a vintage custom Harley), it's not a problem. It can no longer be called a "honda CRxxx" anymore on the pink.

Talk to e-line, or a custom vintage harley dealer to get the proper wording, and paper work.

or go out and geat a dealer license (a one day course, but you need a business address that is zoned 'business'). Then you can to it yourself.

You risk your MC dealer license but who cares...

i like the dealer angle. I have relatives that are dealers

gary do you want to get ride of the CR80

My mom owns property out on South Side road up by you! I spent my summers there as a kid (and winters moving pipe in the Walnut orchards!)

The kid just got the CR80 last year, he just turned 11. He isn't quite tall enough to move up to a full sized bike yet. Sorry.

I just plated a CRF230 and a CRF250. No big deal. Took a while at the DMV but both bikes have plates now (under 3 hrs). If you need help Dualsporting your bike pm me. I live in Santa Cruz and I can loan you the light kit (so you don't have to put out the $500 until you have your plate.) or help you get the light inspection. It really was not that hard. The hardest part was getting threw the line at the DMV. All you need on the bike is a green sticker and a sticker on the bike that says it is compliant with ca smog (not totally necessary tho). If you washed it off ;-) you can order them at a Honda dealer. anyhow if you need someone to help you with this pm me. It is truly easy. If people try to tell you the DMV will ask to have the plate back they are wrong. The only bikes they take the plates back are for the red sticker bikes that got threw or the 2 strokes. If the bike is a 4 stroke with a green sticker it is legal.

I just plated a CRF230 and a CRF250. No big deal. Took a while at the DMV but both bikes have plates now (under 3 hrs). If you need help Dualsporting your bike pm me. I live in Santa Cruz and I can loan you the light kit (so you don't have to put out the $500 until you have your plate.) or help you get the light inspection. It really was not that hard. The hardest part was getting threw the line at the DMV. All you need on the bike is a green sticker and a sticker on the bike that says it is compliant with ca smog (not totally necessary tho). If you washed it off ;-) you can order them at a Honda dealer. anyhow if you need someone to help you with this pm me. It is truly easy. If people try to tell you the DMV will ask to have the plate back they are wrong. The only bikes they take the plates back are for the red sticker bikes that got threw or the 2 strokes. If the bike is a 4 stroke with a green sticker it is legal.

Congrats, you got lucky and slipped thru one of the DMV's many cracks. Current law requires that bikes meet Federal on-highway emissions standards, not the CA standard. If you had been dealing with a competent DMV (there are some) you would have been denied.

R

it would easy in any other state than CA. you may luck out and get it done, but I would bet NO. I sure wouldn't take a chance on spending the 5 large on the kit.

It can't be that hard. You can still do it if the bike is Green Stickered.

There is a shop up here that will sell you a brand new "X" with a plate already on it.

yes I too would love the name of the shop...I havent asked any of the shops yet but any help would be great....would love a 450x instead of a 650... 🙂

Norcal,

Is it Cycle West in Sonoma? Got that from your post on another thread.

Oops, I guess I forgot about this post.

Yeah, it's Cycle West, but they're in Petaluma, not Sonoma.

I haven't been down there since I bought my '05, so I'm not sure if they're still selling plated bikes. I would imagine they are. My buddy looked into in a couple months back and he said their price was outrageous. Give 'em a call and see what they say.

My brother-in-law is about to by a CRF230. How did you pass at DMV? Obviously you need the lights, but didn't they tell you the VIN shows it as a dirt bike?