Sign in to follow this  

Back rim (spoke problems)

My back rim had a few bent spokes, towards the hub, they had a nice bend in them. I replaced like 5-7 spokes. I still have a few bent ones, and my spokes are constantly loosening. They keep bending and loosening every ride.

I ride a 2005, does anyone know the difference between the 2004 and the 2005 spokes? I got 2004 spokes, and the left and right side are two different legnths. On my 2005, I had to use the longer ones for both sides.

I'm probably going to end up replacing my rim (it's getting bent up) with the spokes, are excel's significantly stronger? Should I get the HD spokes? Will I ever have to tighten a spoke again?

Each wheel will use two different length spokes! Never had a problem with stock but now use black Excel rims with WB heavy duty spokes and spline nipples. Haven't had to adjust yet.

I am in the process of doing front and back rims now.Yes the back rim does have different size spokes.The shorter ones go in the hole closer to the Axel and the longer further away.This is what i was told.