Sign in to follow this  

wr-f exhaust fmf vs pro circuit

which exhaust system is the best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which exhaust system is the best?

• fmf power core 4
    • pro circuit t-4 (not ti-4)

g'day all, im new to this site and all i gotta say is, it looks awesome!! 🙂

Okay i did a quick search, but i couldn't really find a thread to answer my question so here it is:

what pipe (or for that matter, complete system) do you guys reckon would be the best for an 02 or 03 wr-f 250. I will be using the bike on the road a bit because i am gettin my learners license on this bike. So what bike do you guys recommend between the pro circuit t-4 or the fmf power core 4. What is better just as a muffler and what one is better as a complete system? thanks heaps for your time...

g'day all, im new to this site and all i gotta say is, it looks awesome!! 🙂

Okay i did a quick search, but i couldn't really find a thread to answer my question so here it is:

what pipe (or for that matter, complete system) do you guys reckon would be the best for an 02 or 03 wr-f 250. I will be using the bike on the road a bit because i am gettin my learners license on this bike. So what bike do you guys recommend between the pro circuit t-4 or the fmf power core 4. What is better just as a muffler and what one is better as a complete system? thanks heaps for your time...

Dude, if you want an exhaust FOR THE ROAD, you should be looking at the FMF Q, Q2, or Titaniam Q. White brothers E2, or Pro Circuit Type 496 as these exhaust are much quieter. The T-4 and Power Core 4 are extreamly loud pipes (100-105 db depending on application). I am partial to the Pro Circuit T-4 because thats what I am running and I think the T-4 has much better build quality than the PC 4. Both T-4 and PC 4 deliver great power gains 🙂

I had the PC4 and really liked it. I had a spark arrestor and quiet core for it, so it only barked at about 98dbs. Other then nosie I haven't noticed much difference between the PC4 and my Q. I like FMF the best, but I am bias and have't tried anything pro circut.

FMF Q ti pipe. Get a power bomb header for it to while your there.

yer i realise the t-4 and pc4 are very loud pipes (my mate has one on his wrf) but i reckon i will be able to get away with it. Am i right in saying that the t-4 extends a lot further past the side plate that the pc4 because i am also looking for quite a compact muffler...

Don't worry about the Americans 👍 , the noise is not really an issue here!

Q2's are a shit pipe as far as performance is concerned.

The FMF pipes seem to have an issue with quality, many shops here in Australia have stopped dealing with them as too many complaints / warranty issues with them. Just ask Ballard's. They still work great though, untill they stuff up.

The procircuits stuff is awesome, they have never been known for weak pipes. The T4's are loud, same as the powercore's. I got a Ti4 GP lowboy system on my 450, it is truely a work of art and tough.

This is the muffler I recommend, it is 98db compared to the 103 - 104db of the two mufflers you mentioned. I have one on the WR250, it is awesome, it gave the wr heaps of bottom end, mid and top. It is a free flowing MX muffler. Just super with out being too loud. These fit '03 - '06. At $570, they are one of the cheapest too, and the performance is really unreal. The quality is great, it is really well built, not to mention the full Australian Yamaha dealer support. They are bigger than the powercore and T4, I guess this is how they got them quieter. Still I think not as heavy as stock, and that is compared to the lightish '05 WR pipe.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/yshop/Product_detail.asp?CatID=2&ModelID=177&RangeID=21&CatDesc=Enduro%20Competition&ProdID=3049

I ride my bike around the road with no problems at all, just lug it around, it is only real loud if you give it to it. The 250 doesn't attract attention at all, for noise of course, the 450 does when I get up it. :bonk: This is useful too, cars don't seem to cut you off as much, just ride aggressively, they will think twice before turning in front of you.

Cops here couldn't give a shit as you know, as long as it has a numberplate.

Most of them have dirtbikes, or had dirtbikes too, just like everyone else in Australia. Isn't it great to be loved!

If you decide procircuit, give ballards a call, I got mine through them, they were the cheapest by far. 👍

well, many ppl on here will agree i've done years of research on pipes.

i choose the WB alum pro 2. it would be beter than the 2 listed in your poll.

but about the poll, the FMF will be the better exhaust for you.

have a good one!

well, many ppl on here will agree i've done years of research on pipes.

Years of talking about getting one! 👍:bonk:

Dude... you just reopened a thread that's been dead since last July 👍

Damn............ so I did! OOPS!

Note to self: dont reply when scouring old posts!!!

Dude... you just reopened a thread that's been dead since last July 👍
Read some of his posts. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, this one. He only replied because it gave him yet another chance to slam Americans. 👍