Sign in to follow this  

Sidi Force SRS users

Just got myself a pair of force srs boots and noticed it does not have the steel toe like the force ta or any other boot. Anyone damaged the tip of their force srs boots such that a replacement sole does not help? 🙂

My Sidi Force SRS boots are due to arrive this week from Metric-Bike ($335 delivered). Since the boots lack the traditional steel toe tips, I've decided to try the optional Super Moto sliders ($20). I'm thinking that this little extra bit of plastic protruding from the soles may provide a little extra protection on the toe area.

The SRS ones have the bigger/wider plastic/rubber around the tip and they offer plenty of protection. I've had both and the SRS are more difficult to damage in the toe than the steel tipped type. Also with steel tips they can bend and hook on things (like your peg) where the SRS wont.

The SRS is a super solid base boot. I mean the bottom platform barely flexes at all like on a hard landing or G-out.

Other boots also have the rubber/plastic built up around the toe and no steel tip such as the Alpinestar Vector and Tech 10's.