success!

thanks to all the great people in this vast land of thumpertalk (and the coaching of a friend) i was able to successfully install my jet kit last night

i had the printout of burneds settings and a step by step print out (with pics!) of tearing down the carb and installing the jets..... at first, when i had all these pages in front of me and was just going over the whole process, i thought it might be a huuuuge mountain to climb so i called up a friend to help

turns out, it was a snap!...... all my friend had to do was just make sure i was on the right course of action and help me wrench on some bolts and what nots....

we set it up to burned's specs and when all was back together it fired right up and runs perfect!!.... thanks, burned

i've also given her a new paint job, here's some pics:

drzside3xv.jpg

i used that fusion paint on it....worked good.... the shine is not as dull as i had expected

drzrear5mr.jpg

i was gonna drill out the stock tip on my exhaust but luckily a friend of a friend had one of those fancy billet tips and didn't like it...SCORE!

drzfront5us.jpg

the "D" took a bit of work to get it to look right.... it didn't turn out perfect (i began to get impatient with letting the paint dry between coats).... but i was able to touch it up and it looks pretty good... i'm sure it's gonna get beat up in the woods anyways

again, thanks to all you TT guys for your help!

pretty?....pretty!?!...... it's MANLY!!! ?

thanks, man..... i was pretty stoked on how it turned out.... i made it from a stencil i made in photoshop..... it took a minute to get the stencil to stick down well enough to keep the paint from bleeding through the edges.... but the final result turned out fairly well..... i'd say it's a good "10 footer".... maybe even a "5 footer"

i like it.... the shine on it is impressive for a spray paint.... and it's smooth looking, not like regular spray paint where you tend to see the spray pattern

it went on really smooth with no runs (except for the headlight shroud, but that was because i was impatient and tried to do a bunch of coats without letting them dry in between coats)

and, so far, it's held up really well.... after the 7 day curing period i tried to scratch it using my fingernail..... at first i was light handed with it, but after seeing no scratch i really bared down on it and tried to scratch the paint off.... didn't mess it up at all

i haven't taken it through the woods yet, and honestly, i'm expecting it to scratch up.... but i'm really not that worried about it

i had the printout of burneds settings and a step by step print out (with pics!) of tearing down the carb and installing the jets

Where did you get the step by step w/ pictures? I have burned's setting, but I've never played with a carburetor before. I got my stage 1 kit today, and the help would be appreciated.

I thought you are not supposed to let it dry between coats. Something like lightly spray on one coat of the fusion stuff, let it get tacky, then start doign coats with a minute between. I forget...