Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Dual Brake kit

I just purchased a Rekluse dual brake kit with the clutch override for my 03 WR250F. My question is, what do I do with the wires going into the OEM clutch level assembly since the combination Rekluse brake/clutch assembly does not accommodate the electric start wires going into the existing clutch lever assembly?

I did a search looking for comments on how others installed either the Rekluse dual brake kit or any other after market clutch lever assembly but could not find anything explaining how to do the rewire so that I could still use the electric start besides being in neutral.

I would think you just need to complete the circuit to bypass it. Probably just crimp the wires together. Mine doesn't have that fancy stuff on it. 🙂

short wire it, try to do it as clean close as possible to the starter.

I'd clip 'em as close to the clutch as possible, that way if you want to sell your bike, you can keep the 250$ lever and reinstall the old assembly, switch and all. Just connect the 2 wires with a tube crimp or something like that with a little grease inside to keep moisture out, put some heat shrink tubing on it and electrical tape it to the kill switch wire, you'll never even notice it was there.

Thanks for all your input!! I found a connection point next the front light that is easy get at and protected, it will also make it easy to reconnect the wires and reinstall the original clutch lever assembly at a later point if I decide to sell the bike.