Sign in to follow this  

weather in the UP

My family and I are getting ready to head to the UP in a couple of weeks, in the Hiawatha Natl. Forest area, and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the weather has been like, and how the gas prices are in the Manistique area.

Thanks!!!

Gas prices have been similar to LP (~$2.30 for 87).

Weather has been similar to late June weather for the UP. Hot, humid, rainy, sometimes cold and lots of bugs.

In the UP, better be prepared for anything. COuld be 90+, but I've also seen it in the high 30's at nigh in July. Seen it dry for a couple of weeks, seen rain darn near non-stop and be in the 50's for a week. Take enough clothes that you can layer them.

Just got back from a long weekend in Manistique and CharlieT is right. 1st day was 55 degrees, followed by 2 days of mid-70's follwed by 60's and rainy. Gas was the same as down state, too high 🙂 . Bugs didn't seem too bad though.

Hey...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the updates. We went last year and had to take clothes for every season except deep winter. We couldn't beat the solitude, so thought we would try it again!!! Thanks again!

Me and my Wife spent last weekend on Drummond Island, gas prices in the Eastern U.P. was $2.56 for 87 octane. Me and my buddies rode Munising/Christmas area last September and had a Blast!!! Started out in the morning with a jacket and by afternoon we were down to a t-shirt, then it cooled off for the evenings. Have Fun!!!!!

I just got back from the UP today. I went up to the Keweenaw for work and got some riding in. The temperatures were in the low to mid 80s for a high and in the low 70s overnight. 🙂

I rode the Hancock to Calumet trail on Monday evening. It was like riding down a dirt road. Strait, flat, and booring. :eek: Spent most of the ride in 4th gear. On Tuesday I rode the Baraga Plains Trail and it was a lot of fun. Sandy, two track, some elevation changes, some open clear cut, and some woods. 38 miles worth the ride. Spent a good amount of time in 2nd and 3rd with the occasional short trip into 4th gear. Watch out for low hanging branches! Then Today, Wednesday, I rode Brevort - Trout Lake. This is supposed to be 2 wheelers only. There was a family of 3 quads on the trail.... :applause: The trail was a lot of sand and heavily whooped out. More like work than fun for the most part. Lots of low branches to poke you. This would not be good for a beginner or kids, IMHO. I rode for about 30 miles, mostly 1st and 2nd gear, and turned around and took the road out. The problem is, I took it in the wrong direction for a few miles. Anyway when the 3 day trip was over, I put more than 100 miles on after work and had a good time on all 3 trails. 😛😛