Sign in to follow this  

How does the Promoto kickstand fit on the 450X ?

You can mount the "R" footpeg mount on the left side and install after market items off of that.

it works great on the x. I dont know if they make one specifically for the 450x or not. I took mine from my 03 450r you will have to do some slight modification to the stand, also get a new footpeg bracket (03 450r). The holes line up just fine, but the frame is slightly different down there. I had to do a little (minor) grinding on the mating surface of the stand. The stand clears the swing arm and plate just fine, but hits the bottom of the subframe a little soon. Again adjust with a little grinding. If you want maybe I can post some pics latter this weekend.

I got a promoto kickstand for a 05 and ordered the foot peg mount for an 05 too.

I hope the 05 peg mount works.

I wish I checked TT before I went to the shop.

It fit on the bike without the foot peg bracket.

It does hit the subframe.

I think I'll grind some off the foot and maybe drill out the holes alittle.

Well I was doing some grinding and kept grinding more and more when it hit me!

How About a SPACER.....

So I cut some plastic to fit inbetween the bracket and the stand (like a steering stop).

I could have left the foot alone! :applause:

I cut the stock mount off my X's foot peg bracket and installed the PMB unit. Fits like a glove, but it needs about 1.5" more clearance in the up position to NOT hit the back/bottom of the airbox/number plate.

Sounds like hell when you put the stand up - WHAP, but so far it's not hurt the plastic. Just leaves a black mark from vibration.

It needs to be about 1/2" shorter - makes the bike stand straight up and if you're not on level or to the down hill side, it's hard on the front brake lever. Thank goodness for ARC levers!!!