Sign in to follow this  

motard dr650 pics

doing some looking around for motard 650 info and came across this Danish? website.

http://www.abp-racing.de/dr.html

somehow they managed to get a 5" excel rim in the swingarm. from what i've read, only a 4.25" would fit. anyway, this thing has a sweet exhaust and looks pretty mean altogether.

if your going to build a motard bike. why not start with a powerful bike?

since i've already got the dr, and it's pretty quick as it is, i don't see any reason not to. yes, it's no ktm power-wise but at least you can ride one of these for more than ten minutes without being vibrated to death. and it's not for racing, just backroad sport bike embarassing.

Your bike as well as YZINGER are my inspirations for the DR Supermoto, as well as the old 350 i had years ago that never made it to the wheels/brakes upgrades.

sweet ride, did you do anything to the suspension? i'm about to raise mine back up, the po lowered it and set it up for street.

Thanks Brianwheelies. Aaron- I got the header wrap at the local hotrod shop, I don't remember what brand it is. Moroso maybe? It works really good to keep the heat away from the shock and me!

I've got a 3.5" up front with a 120, The rear is a 4.25" with a 150. You can fit a 160 but to fit it on a 4.25 the profile of the tread changes, it gets more rounded. A 160 should be mounted on a 5.0" rim.

ELJEFE, got any more pics? I'd like to see how much space you have in the swingarm area, and just seeing more pics would be cool. :applause:

WOW! I'm shocked that you have that much room to clear the swingarm with a 150! I'm running 130 D606's and It looks like a 150 would be on the verge of touching.

Thanks for the pics too! :eek:

Now where did you get the yellow plastics from? :applause: