can you see out of your mirrors on 650?

i feel your pain. without the stock bar ends, the mirrors will vibrate alott. i didn't realize how much mirrors can virbrate until i rode a friends klr650. totally worhtless except at a stop.

i also use the kouba mirror extensions (a bit pricy at $25/set) but let sure let you see what's behind you.

sorry but that's the facts.

bol.

steve

i've read in Motorcycle magazine that they filled the bars of a Kawasaki Z1000 with lead shot. they said it stopped the vibes all together at the bars. i've also seen a company that makes bar ends for motorcross bikes, although i'll have to do some tracking to find the website.

I switched from stock and went with a Universal. I was worried at first when I was told that I did not need to put the ends on the new bar. Hopped on and found that the new bars buzz no more than the old ones did.

I also added the mirror extenders and am _very_ happy with them. I have the full panarama behind me now. I do a lot of freeway commuting and the extenders have made my life much easier.

I'm using Renthal Twinwalls, and I haven't noticed a vibe problem at all. This is without any bar ends either. I needed BRP mounts for the larger bars, and maybe it is the tightness of the mounts that can clean up the vibes or make it worse.

i haven't done any mods yet to make them better but i did discover that the rubber grommets that hold the tank to the frame were wrong. i was able to find one of the originals and get things snugged down better and already can see much better and vibes are much less. i was starting to experience certain rpm ranges where the bike would really shake and it wouldn't be possible to make out much behind me. so i'll head to suzuki to get the right ones and hopefully that will make a huge difference. as it is, tomorrow me and a buddy are headed for Monterey Bay for the MotoGP this weekend. that place is heaven on earth.

GO ROSSI!

• 1 month later...

i finally got the stock bar ends on. i'm using an aftermarket bar which has a smaller inner diameter so the stock bolts and rubber of the bar ends wouldn't work. put the bar end assembly on the drill press and used a file to take the diameter of the rubber down to fit the bars. anyway, the bike is very smooth with these in and i can actually see what is behind me now. very much worth the effort but it actually makes the bike feel slower since it has less character without the buzz.