Sign in to follow this  

Dyeing plastics

Anyone ever dye their cycle plastics using clothes dye? Seems like I have heard it will work, and works best on white plastics.

Any tips? My daughter has decided to express her femininity through her bike's color, ever seen a pink XR200?

Robert 🙂

In a week or so im going to experiment with paint for nitro RC car bodies on an old fender of mine. Ill tell you if it stays on well with abuse (its ment for plastic bodies that flex ALOT). That might work well, the paint is a bit pricey though.

In a week or so im going to experiment with paint for nitro RC car bodies on an old fender of mine. Ill tell you if it stays on well with abuse (its ment for plastic bodies that flex ALOT). That might work well, the paint is a bit pricey though.

With nitro RC's you paint the inside of the body. There for it doesn't scratch. If you paint the outside, it will scratch.

Dying is the best bet in my opinion/ 🙂

My daughter has decided to express her femininity through her bike's color, ever seen a pink XR200?

Robert 🙂

Yea just leave the plastics out in the sun for a few months. It will look pink in no time 🙂

put a pic up when you are done. I want to see that, hope it works