I suck!!!!

Give it time. Maybe go down a bit on the gearing. Consider if the surface you are trying to wheelie on is just creating wheel spin.... Push down on the bars then roll on the throttle as the suspenion comes back up...etc.

Take your time, its all in the experience. I couldn't wheelie very well in my first couple years of riding.

A 47T rear sprocket will help a lot.

Get your weight over the back end of the bike, and give a firm tug on the bars as you gas it.

Practice in a big field away from people and traffic somewhere. Be focused but relaxed. It'll come to you.

Its not gearing its practice guys..... I started out popping the clutch while shifting from first to second. I would then try and ride them out in second under acceleration.

The balancing act and shifting while on one wheel comes later after some practice. Also you will eventually find no need to use the clutch which is important.

I know how you feel. I can wheelie, but I can't ride one, I get too chicken, afraid I'll loop out. But to get started and continue to ride one.

Get you weight back.

Gas it

Tug on the bars.

Push on the footpegs "forward" as if you were trying to push the rear wheel underneath the front wheel.

Balance

Remember, you always have the rear brake. If you start to loop out, taping the rear brake will bring your front wheel down. As long as you do that, and don't gas the crap out of it, no worries.

Practice in a wide open field or something. Keep doing it till you get the hang. It may take you HOURS riding back and forth in a field.

everyone but ME can WHEELIE my DRZ !!!!

Do the 3x3 and burned's jetting, 14x47 gearing and you can wheelie that sucker right up to the Drive-in...After the air box mod, re-jetting, and the gearing change I can do roll-on 3rd gear wheelies anytime I want. Technique, bucko...just don't get caught by your over-eager law enforcement type with a quota in his backpocket 'cause it's gonna cost you about a C note...be careful out there...Big Brother is watchin'... ?

yeh I got the jetting and stuff all set

I'm particularly frusterated beacause my buddy who just wheelies like a mad man on my bike weighs 325 pounds!!! 100 pounds more than me !!!

I'm going to find a soft spot and practice

Hey relax nobody was born doing wheelies. There isn't a single rider here that hasn't dropped a bike learning the art. I know that's what is keeping you from pulling it up because there is nothing easier to wheelie except an ancient bike called a TT 500 Yamaha. It had so much back wheel weight it would try coming up if you scooted back a half an inch. The bike is capable and once you get over fearing the wreck that will eventually happen you'll be fine. I dropped mine the other day. God Bless you burned for the roller doodads. They really saved the bike, you can't even tell I screwed the pooch. prairiedawg ?

I know how you feel. I can wheelie, but I can't ride one, I get too chicken, afraid I'll loop out. But to get started and continue to ride one.

I know that fear... I can wheelie my mountain bike for blocks, even around corners. I just get real scared on my DRZ, lofting the front is easy, no effort but I shite myself when I try and ride it out. ?

I dropped mine the other day. God Bless you burned for the roller doodads. They really saved the bike, you can't even tell I screwed the pooch. prairiedawg ?

What is the roller doodads?

I haven't yet dropped on a wheelie.... hehe...

Now I am cursed... lol

O well

I have crashed a couple times running into spiderwebs... (think lord of the rings)

and yeah what is a roller doodad? is that like caster wheels for your frame? so when you crash your bike just rolls on and on and on? lol ?

But most importantly I have the gut feeling you will be wheeling soon! take some time this weekend. find an empty lot in the middle of no where and practice like you are on a BMX bike and 10 years old.

lock it up, slide it, wheelie, jump curbs, stoppie, no hands, etc.

I still can not believe that they made these bikes street legal... ?

First stage for no clutch wheelies: 2nd gear open your throttle 2/3, suddenly close it, suddenly open it, suddenly close it. You will understand what the front suspension is doing. Instead of pulling on your bars, try to press the suspension down first when letting the throttle go.

Then try doing this standing, with your elbows up, open, close, open close.

Then, try this compression of the suspension through your footpegs. Exercise to stand in such a way that you have your right foot on the break.

Then, instead of pushing only, pull as well after the push and bend your knees. By compressing the suspension, you'll have enough traction, even in the dirt.

In case of emergency, you just step off;-)

Take care,

Noppy

mostly just don't have the timing right I think I know I could do it if I used the clutch and like PRAIRIEDAWG is saying I thinkI'm a little scared about ditching my new rig

What are the "BIKE SAVING ROLLER DOO-DADS"?

Sounds like a must have...

Are they Skateboard wheels attached to the frame? Seriously. Give crash functoin in detail please.

I believe the roller doodads are something you would normally use on a supermoto. Never seen them on a dual sport. Not sure EXACTLY what they do though.