Sign in to follow this  

Jumps in the Woods

me and my friends are going to make a Free style track, i guess you would call it? lol just a track, WITH MASSIVE, MASSIVE JUMPS. withought the rest of it, ill post pics when were done, but i was wondering if anyone had any movies, or pics with jumps in the woods, and so on. thanks 🙂🙂 any good tips on making this thing would be awesome also

Hmm a backhoe would be nice lol. If your going to try and build freestyle sized jumps with shovels, good luck lol. It takes forever to build good BMX jumps. But yeah, I would definately get some lights some food, a tent to camp out in would be cool.

Make your jumps out of metal so you don't need to maintain them! Here is a pic of one that I've put in my woods. This one is a wedge style jump, the best ones have an increasing radius.

ottoairing.jpg

is this going to be like the track in Revalation 199, the one that Kenny bartram and Travis were riding at.

long straights, huge jumps, i have a hill set up that i can use as a landing. so the jump can be as big as desired. pics will be posted when its done. how do use metal? did you weld all that together? more info please

yeah with those metal jumps just lay down sum of that mesh stuff they put on the tail gates of trailors works real good

That jump is made out of 2x2x3/16 angle iron with some expanded sheet metal on the face. If you have a nice hill to land on, something like this would be perfect. They are nice because you don't have to maintain them after you hit it a bunch of times. Get yourself a welder and get to work!

Man I sure could use some trees to ride in right now.... was 117 degrees on the way home Friday...... Good luck with your project!

Heres a few pics of one of the jumps on our little track in the woods.

Max1small.jpg

Max2small.jpg

OJ2small.jpg

Oj3small.jpg

OJ7small.jpg

My first attempt at freestyle

Oj5small.jpg

They show up if you copy and paste the address into the address bar, but I don't know why they won't show up in the thread. Anyone have any ideas?