Sign in to follow this  

Middle Waddell Next Week

We're heading to Middle Waddell early on Tuesday morning and will stay until Thursday morning. We'll be in a dark grey F-350 crew cab dually with an Arctic Fox camper on the back. I'll my my CRF450R, the wifes quad and CRF, two kids quads and a CRF50.

If any TT'ers are in the area, stop by, I'd enjoy taking a ride with someone, and I'm sure we'll have some extra beer and chow. Our kids are 4 and almost 6.

Where do you guys stage?? I was up there this morning for the first time checking it out(not riding) and only saw one campground area for R.V.'s. But saw nothing in that middle Wadell off the road any larger than a spot for two or three trucks to park...Is there more to it that I missed?

I'll be up there Monday and Tuesday(If I find a spot) on a CRF450 as well. Kids ride a xr100 and 70. I'll be in a white toyota Sequoia, I'll look for ya'

Where do you guys stage?? I was up there this morning for the first time checking it out(not riding) and only saw one campground area for R.V.'s. But saw nothing in that middle Wadell off the road any larger than a spot for two or three trucks to park...Is there more to it that I missed?

I'll be up there Monday and Tuesday(If I find a spot) on a CRF450 as well. Kids ride a xr100 and 70. I'll be in a white toyota Sequoia, I'll look for ya'

Bigdoo, if you saw the campground and the small parking area across the road, you only needed to drive down the road about 1/4 mile further for the day stagiing area. Its on the same side as the campground. Large paved area, trailheads, toilets etc. Even a picnic table in the distant corner.

Cool! Thx Toyota Tech... I didnt take the left onto Waddell Creek like I was supposed to. I instead went straight onto Sherman Valley Road... Thats why I didnt see the staging area.... 🙂

Wow!! How did I miss that? If we're talking about the same place, the campground I saw had some permanent structures and and a huge green grass field and at the entrance there was a small red dirt track(?) it's past that? 🙂

Well, sounds like you were in a different area. I speak of the Middle Waddel ORV campground (DNR campsite) off the middle waddel creek road. Did you come in from Black Lake or from Mima area? It sounds like you were near the pistol/rifle club. They do allow ORV camping when the campsites are full, but there is no trail access from the area itself. Must trailer them in.

Well, sounds like you were in a different area. I speak of the Middle Waddel ORV campground (DNR campsite) off the middle waddel creek road. Did you come in from Black Lake or from Mima area? It sounds like you were near the pistol/rifle club. They do allow ORV camping when the campsites are full, but there is no trail access from the area itself. Must trailer them in.

Your right, I was in the wrong area...Did'nt turn left onto Waddell Creek Rd...............The directions I got off the web were kinda vague.

Your right, I was in the wrong area...Did'nt turn left onto Waddell Creek Rd...............The directions I got off the web were kinda vague.

Oh, I know where you ended up! You went straight which turns into "Sherman Valley Road" and that area you speak of is actually the "Tacoma Trail Cruisers" lot, all fenced in on your left. That is where the "Smuggler" poker run stages from which is coming up in August. Yeah, you should of turned left back about 1 mile before the trailcruisers lot. Go about 1/4 on middle waddel creek road and to the right is the camp ground, an additional 1/4 mile to the right is the day area parking lot. You were so close... 🙂

bigdoo, we'll be looking for you as well. We might head up late Monday, but it's looking like it's probably going to be early Tuesday.

bigdoo, we've decided to head out on Monday late afteroon. We're hoping that the crowd from the 4th should be mostly cleared out by the time we get there.

bigdoo, we've decided to head out on Monday late afteroon. We're hoping that the crowd from the 4th should be mostly cleared out by the time we get there.

🙂

I may try to pop down sometime in the week. Only live about 20 min. away so I might just bag work to come down with the kids and let them ride.

Bagging work sounds like a great idea! We're heading that way this afternoon, and hope to be pulling in by 7pm or so. We're hoping that most of the long weekend crowd will have pulled out and that we can get a decent spot.