Sign in to follow this  

mx placement question 1,3 > 2,2

I noticed Brown beat Tedesco last race when brown went 1,3 and Tedesco 2,2. I thought the higher placement in 2nd moto took it when tied. I guess a 1st place moto is first tie breaker, and if none, then highest placement of 2nd moto?

You are a little mixed up here.For each moto you get a number of points.After both motos are over the person with the most points wins.The reason brown won was that he went 1-3 with is 25+20points which is 45.Tedesco went 2-2 which is 22+22points which equals 44.So brown had 45 points that race and tedesco had 44.That is the reason Brown won.

A 1-3 should never beat a 2-2, BUT the AMA is such a mess that they can't even figure out how to pick a winner. It really becomes clear when a guy has great moto and a real bad moto and ends up ahead of many guys that had two decent motos.

What happened to the old saying that a "2, 1" beats a "1, 2" any day.

What happened to the old saying that a "2, 1" beats a "1, 2" any day.

2-1 does beat a 1-2, because they are tied in points, tie breaker is better finish in moto 2. The guy above got it right with the points being the factor, unless they are tied in points. Get it? What is better anyway, 1-3 (45 pts.) or 2-2 (44 pts.)?