Sign in to follow this  

OLN drops the ball

Looks like OLN is not going to show any MX coverage until July 30. 🙂 They just want to air rerun after rerun after rerun of the Tour de France. I just e-mailed them my disapproval and hope you fellow MX enthusiasts do the same. If OLN can't handle the coverage, they never should have put in a bid to televise the MX Nationals. 🙂 What do you think?

There is a week long break in the MX season and they show the previous weeks stuff anyway, thats why there is such a long break.

They should have never went to OLN. They should have stayed on ESPN where they belong!

It is all about selling commercial time. Watch some of their more popular shows and see what commercials are running. As soon as company's start buying more airtime during the nats broadcast, they will come around.

They should have never went to OLN. They should have stayed on ESPN where they belong!

🙂🙂

At least with ESPN we got to see something almost every weekend

You would think that when a network gets the bid to cover an event they would be obligated to cover all the events.. AMA loses on this one.. I guess MX isn't as big as we all thought. 🙂

It's not as easy as that. Theres alot of money and politics involved. From what I understand we're lucky to have ANY coverage of MX this year.

Is the race coverage going to continue where it left off, or pick up from the current races? The last one I saw was Budd's Creek...the 125's. Do we have to wait 'til the 30th to see the 250's? How long does the Tour De Frogs last? Does anybody know when the European or Canadian series starts?

they showed budds creek 250s last saturday I believe.

I wish Speed would cover sx and the outdoors, I think they did a very good job at daytona, plus they had same day coverage

It's only two hours per week of MX coverage. You would think OLN could squeeze it in.

Dont get mad, there was a two week break in the series. OLN has nothing to show. Last saturday was when buds creek aired, and next saturday will be Red bud. So no they did not drop the ball. I guess no one remebers how many times we sat down to watch the race on ESPN only to find girls soft ball playing or when we didnt get to see 125 supercross heat races because a golf game ran longer than it was supost to

right on blue rider, plus it's the first year, maybe if there is good ratings they will give it a saturday two hour block or something. id like to add to that list of espn butchering of mx and sx, overtime in soccer,mens lacrosse,hot dog eating contest, guy on sportcenter unable to shut his mouth, cameron steele, todd harris,poker and worlds strongest man, oln rules compared to this garbage!!!!

Not to sure why the race isnt airing until the 30th but the scedule says it is red bud and that is the next race

NOOOOOOO this isnt happening, im getting flashbacks again im seeing.............CAMERONS KEYS and TODD HARRIS all over again!! except they are replaced by that british guy and the american dude with the big gap in his front teeth commentating the tour de france! i give up just go on without me

I heard the next round will not be aired due to the hot dog eating championship! (ESPN2 had that playing 5x per week!)