Sign in to follow this  

CRD ehxaust and UFO tail?

I was thinking of getting a UFO universal tail light w/ turn signals, does any one have photos of one installed? I have done a search but never saw a good photo. Also just saw the CRD exhaust from previous thread, and did some investigation seems like most people liked it, and for 100 cheaper than the Yosh. seems like it might be ok. Thoughts? Also how is it to order direct from CRD?

Thanks

Tad

I believe that the CRD reseller in the U.S. is fairly new but can't imagine why you would have problems. Quite a few of our UK TT'ers here use CRD as they have some sort of approval there (UK) for road use that others do not (Having to do with noise level). They reported good things about the CRD exhausts...

I have a CRD pipe. I have the absolute performance 1 pipe. After fitting the tail pipe there was a huge improvement on overall power, and throttle responce. Also sounds awsome! Then i got the header to match. I have an 'S' and the CRD header is the same size as the 'E' header. Fitted like a glove and gave yet MORE POWER. Very noticeable. I would recommend this pipe to anyone. Didnt need rejetting either. (on a stock bike, at the time)

Hope that helps a bit......

So who is the American CRD importer in the USA??? Where are CRD pipes available???? 🙂

So this exhaust will give good power increase over stock but with 96db> sound levels?......thank god!.....no more "tec"ing down a yosh (and all the power loss that goes with it).....I hope more guys with this exhaust post (c'mon brits!) their experience's with this setup, I'd like to make a "informed" decision before I buy......TK's

My absolute performance 1 is 91db for enduro regs.

Was that sound metered? That's a very good figure...

I have a CRD pipe. I have the absolute performance 1 pipe. After fitting the tail pipe there was a huge improvement on overall power, and throttle responce. Also sounds awsome! Then i got the header to match. I have an 'S' and the CRD header is the same size as the 'E' header. Fitted like a glove and gave yet MORE POWER. Very noticeable. I would recommend this pipe to anyone. Didnt need rejetting either. (on a stock bike, at the time)

Hope that helps a bit......

Hi Tarka,

How noisy is it ??? Legal or a bit over, or is it way over the top. I will be using it on the street mainly, and I don't need grief from the Plod.

And who did you order it from.

Neil.

🙂

rjmech

I have the UFO universal tail light w/turn signal and CRD Absolute Power II. You can check my garage for a picture. It gave a good increase in power over the stock pipe. But I thought it was pretty load. I think it's louder than the Absolute Performance, at least that's what I read somewhere. It fit well except for a small leak where the head pipe and muffler join, but that was easily fixed with some hi-temp sealant. Mine runs great without rejetting. I have no other modifications. I bought it from www.crdoffroad.com as mentioned above. Good service and it was delivered in less than a week. There's not much of a weight savings because it's a full stainless system.

Hope that hasn't further confused things.

chris

chris and everybody thanks for all of the reply's, I am going to search for a used exhaust for another week or so and if nothing good comes along I am going to order the crd.

thanks again.

tad

Hi Neil, I bought mine from racespec

http://www.racespec.co.uk/rs_shop_final/enter.html

Its definately not too loud for street use. The nice thing is that its quiet when you ride quiet. If you know what i mean. If you give it a fist full its louder than stock but not enough to get you in trouble. Sounds great too.

A UK magazine called Trail Bike Monthly recently did a back-to-back test of 250 thumpers. The WR250F fared pretty badly against the others because of a huge midrange dip in its power curve. They suspected it was caused by the exhaust after their initial dyno runs.

They asked Yamaha if they could test the bike further and found the Yam was running very rich. They fitted a CRD Absolute Performance II exhaust on the bike and...

it gave the bike more power

it was correctly jetted - no more rich running

it was lighter than stock

it was quieter than stock

This ain't going to happen on all bikes but my DRZ-S's APII is definitely slightly lighter, breathes better and is more powerful than stock. The noise from each power pulse is very slightly louder than stock but, as the gases clear the pipe so much more rapidly, it's not a continuous hum like with the stock pipe.

Ian

My absolute performance 1 is 91db for enduro regs.
That's the pipe I have on my DRZSM as well. Great sounding pipe with added performance without sounding 'offensively' loud :banghead:

I have the full CRD Performance exhaust, it came with the bike originally i was going to replace it with a stock 1 (as i dont like loud bikes) but im very happy with it and wouldnt dream of swapping it now, it sounds awesome!!!

I have the Absolute Power 2 full system and the improvement on low-mid range is very impressive, the noise is louder than the stock pipe but i am sure it is within legal limits :banghead:

I have a couple of small vid files with before and after sounds of both stock and CRD pipes if any one knows where i can host them :applause:

CRD ON BIKE

HEAD PIPES

FULL SYSTEM COMPARISON

You can see the head pipe is much shorter than the stock

Here are the small vids i have. You can hear that the throttle is a lot more responsive with the CRD pipe on even just revving the bike. I gave an equal amount of revs give or take on both vids for just this very reason to get a good comparison. Hope this helps :banghead:

STOCK PIPE VID

CRD ABSOLUTE POWER 2 VID