Sign in to follow this  

ASV worth it?

I love mine. I have the perch with the hot start. It makes the pull easier and I like the hot start location. I had the Dr. D and did not like it on the brake side. They have a lot of adjustablility. I have had too many first turn crashes and had to ride without a front brake or clutch.. Plus they are one of my sponsors, Gotta pimp the sponsors!!

are the ASV lever/perches worth it or should i just lube my cables?

🙂 no not again

Im not a fan of ASV.They feel really bulky and are very square in my opinion.I perfer the ARC.They feel just like stock levers except they are folding and are billet.

what does new levers/perches have to do with lubing your clutch cable? if you do buy the asv, does that mean your not going to have to lube your cables? it makes as much sense as "are the stainless steel re-usable oil filters worth it, or should i just change my oil?"

i want a silky smooth "feel" and are willing to buy some ASV items to get it. Is it worth it to buy these perches and levers or should i put mymoney else where?

the asv levers have nothing over other levers except for the fact they are nearly impossible to break. if your using some nice strong bark busters(hand guards) then these become useless. if u want "silky smooth" then get a magura hydraulic clutch kit.

i want a silky smooth "feel" and are willing to buy some ASV items to get it. Is it worth it to buy these perches and levers or should i put mymoney else where?
The functional advantage of ASV levers is that they fold back out of harm's way instead of bending. They have nothing to do with enhancing the "feel" of the lever pull. I don't know how you made the logical leap from one point to the other, but the responses you got were because no one else could do it.

But if you haven't tried lubing your cables, you should give it a go, by all means.

if you want the silky smooth feel, then maybe think about buying a clutch lever and perch with bearings. factory connection or universal or a few other out there make them. the problem is when you break the clutch lever, i'm sure you will pay out the arse for a new lever. i seriously doubt that any dealer will keep them in stock.

How much smoother can you get it then stock? I mean hell, a 4 year old girl could pull in my clutch with zero effort 🙂 Just lube your cable and spend the extra money on beer 🙂

How much smoother can you get it then stock? I mean hell, a 4 year old girl could pull in my clutch with zero effort 🙂 Just lube your cable and spend the extra money on beer 🙂

i like beer :D

i'll just lube them up.

well I have had my c5s on 3 bikes now over the coarse of 2.5 years. Much better than going through stock levers especially in a race!

ASV levers are the best ever. Id definately recomend them

I have heard of some breaking when they are not suposed to break, but since they have warranty, I would definately go with ASV and try em out 🙂

you can get them on ebay directly from ASV for like 50% cheaper.

I got the C5 levers and rotator clamp from them on ebay and they said that they were blemishes but i see nothing wrong with them at all.

I wouldnt give a dime for a set of ASV levers. they are no good. i broke 4 clutch levers in the time that i had them. they replaced them for free but they wernt worth it. and they are super bulky. I run the Sunline/ARC levers. these things are indestructable. and they are the original. they have a factory look to 🙂 . go with the ARC levers. most all the factory teams do. and if RC, and CR win with them then they are good enough for me