Sign in to follow this  

Trespassing in NJ

My friends got busted in Forked River today, so I headed to Sayreville, and got a trespassing ticket for just driving in. Drove in, saw the cop, said, "I guess I have to leave," and he said, "License and registration." Watch out people, and any defense when I go to court???? 🙂

old cooter , I thank you for your input, but the bigger question is WHY? Why do cops give riders a hard time. The cop said, "I take my kid to E-town" well he should have known it was too late to go to E-town(it closes at 6) and just have asked us to leave. If you think it was justified to ticket three kids for wanting to ride, it's time for a) riders to move out of NJ or 🙂 cops to worry about REAL crimes on NJ, not easy targets.

You just need to move to NY. My brother is a farmer. He runs the family farm, His own land , my land and a lot of other land. Four wheelers and snowmobiles run over it and his crops like its their job. When their not damaging crops and stuff we look the other way. Last fall a hunter who he told to leave about four times from some posted woods. The hunter was doing a lot of damage cutting out trees and tearing up some groomed trails and running down crops with his jeep. We put up barricades of logs with he drove over leaving oil trails away from. Finlay my brother towed his jeep out to the road and left it there one morning. He had my brother arrested for illegal towing. Whats worse is my brother may have to pay for all the damage to his jeep (from driving over the logs) So if you need a place to ride just pick a farm in upstate NY and rip it up.🙂

Or if or just ask and I will show you my single track trails. 🙂

did you go to a pit in sayreville? im pretty sure one of them is gov't property and tresspassing on that pit is a federal offense..

you need to go to pits that arent known by everyone

south jersey has ALOT of sand mines, however the ones near residential areas seem to be watched more

a) riders to move out of NJ...

...Which is exactly what all the inhabitants of the State Legislative Offices in Trenton would love to see...

Unfortunately, the powers-that-be in the State House have done nothing but drag their feet when it comes to providing " motorized recreational areas " in this State. It was my understanding that New Jersey was under some type of Federal Mandate to provide two such riding areas by the end of 2005. It seems to me that, with 1.8 million acres of Pinelands within the State, relegating 0.5% (9,000 acres) for riding areas will have a minimal impact on the (so-called) endangered species wildlife. The tree frogs and snakes don't seem to have a problem migrating when it comes to clear-cutting hundreds of acres of woodlands on the fringes of the Pinelands, to put up $500,000 (and up) homes on 3 to 5 acre minimum-sized lots.

In my opinion, what it comes down to, is simply that nobody in Trenton has figured out how to make a BIG buck off this sport/hobby.....yet.

just my $.02...

Sayreville is the worst. I live in the next town over. Typical small town cops with nothing better to do than bust people's balls.

it's time for a) riders to move out of NJ or 🙂 cops to worry about REAL crimes on NJ, not easy targets.

Politicians and the Sierra Club have been trying to push us out of NJ for a long time. Just look at the entries at the NJ events. They've dropped dramatically in the last ten years.

Ten years ago, we had 200% more riding area than we do now. I have to be really careful now and know were I am going. It does help that my KTM is street legal! 🙂 That way, I can ride through the game reserve without a hassle.

My advice is to go to your local tax office and get a tax map. That way, you'll know what is private property and what isn't.

Our MC CLub does a trash cleanup in the local game reserve every year, but we're the first to get tickets instead of the dumpers who trash the area.

The cops in New Jersey are more concerned with conducting "township fundraisers" than they are with arresting people REALLY breaking the law.

The cops in New Jersey are more concerned with conducting "township fundraisers" than they are with arresting people REALLY breaking the law.

Ding>Ding>Ding>Ding>Ding!!!!!!!!!!

Folks we have a WINNER!......Follow the money.

True story: Too much/slow traffic to set up a safety check (speed trap). One officer/squad car 8hr shift average ticket take that sticks is $100. per stop. About 1k to 2k per shift.

Let's go to the woods/pits etc. All of the "criminals" have a 6k + toy pulled by a 30k + truck and most likely a few beers/bones and a visa card to post bail.

2 officers on safety quads in a target rich environment,

(known woods/pits posted on the net by YOU!!)

Why guess the "perps" location, JUST log on and follow directions. 8 to 10 arrests per shift with 99% conviction rate for out of towner's.

Follow the easy money!

A safe and prosperous municipality.

Watch youself crossing the street, you might get hit by a medicated senior citizen. Only worth a possible$100.

Thin the herd

yep it's a joke here in NJ, I have a friend who used to be in the state council(he rides) and he told me there are NO legal riding areas (except for the few mx tracks like e-town and chadsworth) in NJ. after running,hiding, being chased by quads and all the other crap my friends and I have gone through in the past ten years we now drive out to PA just to ride without getting in trouble! Great state right....NOT!!!!

Let's go to the woods/pits etc. All of the "criminals" have a 6k + toy pulled by a 30k + truck and most likely a few beers/bones and a visa card to post bail.

2 officers on safety quads in a target rich environment,

(known woods/pits posted on the net by YOU!!)

Why guess the "perps" location, JUST log on and follow directions.

The cops already know where the riding areas are. It's not hard to figure out. They look on the internet more for catching "hotdoggers" and the like.

Don't get me wrong, if they can pin one of us, they will.

My bike is street legal and I don't have to worry about cops.

Again, go to your city hall, get a tax map, and get street legal bike. They can mess with you a lot less.

This is the reason that Police Officers don't get much respect. Instead of going after true criminals, they are used by local politician's to rake in easy money. I really can't blame the Police themselves, but if you're a cop...you gotta ask yourself: "Is this the Zenith of my career, chasing off-roaders' ". A few weeks ago, I rode after work with a co-worker and a guy off this forum, at an area right near Fort Mott, New Jersey. We had a great time, didn't bother a soul, didn't litter, and created no problems. I went back the next week with a couple of other guys on a Sunday morning. Just before we got there, there was a cop on the side of the road who pulled us over when he saw the Yz's and the quad in the back. He knew where we were going, and said "sorry guys, theres no more riding there, it's private property" I got the impression, he was sympathetic for us, but evidently he turned quite a bit of people away from there.

This is the reason that Police Officers don't get much respect. Instead of going after true criminals, they are used by local politician's to rake in easy money.

This is true. However, keep this in mind: Instead of getting closer to people and doing more community policing, cops are moving farther and farther away from the people they are supposed to protect through there unmarked cars w/ tinted windows, sunglasses, and township fundraisers.

People also forget that each and every year, the police in our horrible state lose more and more authority with the law because of our crooked left wing politicians who are more concerned with profiling than actually catching a criminal.

Think about it, when you see a cop do you say "here come the good guys"?

No, you say "Oh, shit, what the hell are they doing here, is there anything they can ticket me for"?

Think about it, when you see a cop do you say "here come the good guys"?

You are absolutely, positively, 100% right. I don't think I've ever felt safe when I've seen a cop around. I'm usually trying to get the hell out of their way since they speed around this town at 60 MPH so 5 cars can observe the towing of an illegally parked car. We'd be better off with mob rule.

Here in CT we have NO places to ride legally. You must own the land and have a permission slip from the owner when you do have permission. That is why I have a plated xr600r and ride pretty much everywhere. 🙂

This is the reason that Police Officers don't get much respect. Instead of going after true criminals, they are used by local politician's to rake in easy money. I really can't blame the Police themselves, but if you're a cop...you gotta ask yourself: "Is this the Zenith of my career, chasing off-roaders' ". A few weeks ago, I rode after work with a co-worker and a guy off this forum, at an area right near Fort Mott, New Jersey. We had a great time, didn't bother a soul, didn't litter, and created no problems. I went back the next week with a couple of other guys on a Sunday morning. Just before we got there, there was a cop on the side of the road who pulled us over when he saw the Yz's and the quad in the back. He knew where we were going, and said "sorry guys, theres no more riding there, it's private property" I got the impression, he was sympathetic for us, but evidently he turned quite a bit of people away from there.

yeah but for every good guy like yourself there seems to be 2 asshats who wreck the trail wont stay on the trail will rip across some guys yard etctetc

so If it was my land and I had a problem with non-authorised use by say the meth crowd I would be very happy that the police responded appropriately

we run into this all the time on the sleds ya put up signs slow quiet stay on trail and someone always has to not follow the sign and ruins it for everyone..

so in short while I have the same attitude "its the cops run!!!!" LOL its more likely some asshat that has ruined a riding area for you....and oh yeah like mario said I ride a plated bike so Im in and out and quiet and havent run into any problems (yet)

like mario said I ride a plated bike so Im in and out and quiet and havent run into any problems (yet)

Me too and that's the way I'd like to keep it. I've gotten stopped before but all they tell me is "have a nice day" 🙂

I have very few problems with cops and riding. I have quiet bikes, I ride by myself or 1 other person. I don't bring a caravan of idiots with me. I

don't ride around in the same spot.

I ride exit 67 off the Parkway and have lots of fun.

If the cops come I just take off all my clothes.

If the cops come I just take off all my clothes.

🙂🙂

You don't start off that way???

Ask MVMX, he invented the techique and he should explain how it works.

****WARNING!!!****

***EXPLICIT PHOTOGRAPH OF BEEZER WITH NO CLOTHES ON!!!***

DISCLAIMER: Looking at this photograph can cause long-term effects, such as Retino-Ocular Distortia, which can cause the viewer to have flashback nightmares. These nightmares will only be perceived after a long day of exhausting trail or track riding, and are most prevalent in middle-age men. It is imperative to suppress the trigger mechanism as effectively as possible with liberal amounts of liquid refreshment consisting of malt, barley, hops, and sometimes a dapple of Colorado River water. The image of the photograph will also remain subliminally until such time as you either give up riding, or pass out.

beez-1.jpg