More toubles!

Ok, I finally got my bike running today after 4 days of being stumped. It would up that I put my reeds on to tight but im still havin trouble with it. The bike is really hard to start and wont even budge without the choke on. Then one it starts up it revs like crazy. It calms down after a few seconds so I let it warm up and took it for a ride. It was great on the straight away woth high rpms then when I went to turn around it started reving again untill got back on the gas to go on the straight away again. Any ideas why it would jsut rev and is so hard to start?

Its leaking? I dont see anything coming out.

Two strokes use the crankcase as a pump to suck in the mixture and then compress it so it squirts up into the cylinder. If you have a leak it'll suck air in through that leak instead of through the carb like it's supposed to. That leads to a lean mixture and much of what you're describing. If the leak is somewhere between the carb and the reedblock you won't see anything on the outside so I'd check there first. If it's somewhere on the crankcase joints then you should see a little stain of oil somewhere. Since you worked on the carb and reedblock I'll double check all that or redo it with a LIGHT application of gasket maker goo. Even a tiny crack will make a big difference.

What bike is this? Some of the others assume its a two stroke but???

If the bike is a 2 stroke and several years old crank seals would be suspect, plugged pilot jet is another option.

If a 2 stroke you can test one of (primary drive side) real easy, start the engine, hang the transmission vent hose into a glass of water and rev the engine. Important that the glass or hand holding the glass not be touching the glass as vibrations will make the water slpash, what you want to whatch for is movment in the water, there should be none, if that seal has failed you may get air bubbles or it may suck up the water, depending on which lip of the seal has failed.

OK, I just checked the reeds again and I found that my gasket was ripped. So I made a new one and that seems to have done the trick. It doesnt race anymore but it still doesnt idol and has crapy responce. Is there something else wrong or could that just be the jetting?