What are you guys running for gearing on your YZF's?

I was running 13/50 gearing on my 04' YZF and recently went back to the stock 13/48 and couldnt believe how much fastest the bike felt, it was unbelievable. What are you guys running for gearing?

When I first got my 05 it felt slugish off of the bottom. Not too sure why but it did so I put a 50 on the rear and left the front stock. But the more the bike broke in, it felt like it didnt have enough top end over rev, so I put the 48 back on and now that sucker rips on top and still has more bottom than my buddies crf.

I have tried 13-48 through 13-52 on my 05. The 52 was to short, ran out of gear way fast! 51 was close to the same, but not as bad. the 13-50 is good for tight tracks or tracks that bog down the power. It will get the power up very quickly out of the corners.

13-49 is what I usually run. Works great on my all tracks. gives you just a little more than the 13-48 out of the hole but does not slow the speed down as much as the 13-50

i got mine used with 10/48. will be changing it back to 13/48 after the rebiuld.

10/48 ?!?!?!? Are you sure about that? I didn't think they even made a front sprocket that small!!

I run 13/52 for tight woods riding. When I was doing motocross I ran 13/50. 13/48 just seems too tall to me.

10/48 ?!?!?!? Are you sure about that? I didn't think they even made a front sprocket that small!!

I run 13/52 for tight woods riding. When I was doing motocross I ran 13/50. 13/48 just seems too tall to me.

i have an 01 yz250f and 13/50 works heaps better than 13/48 coz on the motocross track the 48 doesn't have the guts out of the corners

you guys who r saying 13/48 works good,but have u ever tryed going to 13/50 or so. coz its alot better you just don't know coz u haven't tryed it

IT all depends on what kind of tracks u ride, I got the balancer pulled out of mine and am running 14/50 and it's awesome, i never use 1st gear and it pulls out of tight turns awesome and still has plenty for the long straights

I've tried the three most common, ran a year on 13/48, then bumped it up to 13/49 for a better pull out of corners, and my most recent change was to a 13/50, which for me (205lb Vet B rider) is by far the best setup for the tight MX tracks I run. Still have plenty of speed, but I get alot better pull to clear jumps that are right out of turns. Need that extra umph to get my large but up and over those obstacles that I can't get a solid run at!

best gearing depends on the variables. 1) rider weight 2) rider skill with the clutch 3) dirt 3) track/trail tightness 4) altitude 5)pipe .

For my 180lbs,good with the clutch,groomed int dirt on an outdoor style track at 600ftASL using stock pipe 13/49 is the ticket. 13/48 works well on hardpack. 13/50 works ok when it's really soft or really, really tight.

I ran the stock 13/48 and then bumped it up to a 13/49, but now I find with the tracks I ride the stock was much better. More top-end and I used to shift alot less, I will be going back to the 13/48 when the renthals are toothless