Sign in to follow this  

05 YZF250 cornering problems?

My 2005 yzf250 seems to be an ill handling beast. I rode the 125's in the 125 class for years and loved the way they would stick where you pointed them. The new 250F seems to stand up in the corners, and I an constantly fighting it through the corners.

My question...... What is the fix? Suspension revalving? Offset triple clamps? Sell it and buy another brand 250 four stroke?

This thing is driving me NuTz?!?!?! I don't remember fighting through the corners with any bike form the tiddler class...... 🙂

Try moving your forks up or down inside the triple clamps. I know my friend has a 05 YZ250 and moved his forks down to the line that Yamaha gives. He said it made a world of difference. Although some problems may be with springs and valving, depends on your weight and riding, but try that first.

I as well moved my forks in the clamps and it made worlds of difference in the way the front tire stuck but it didnt help the fact that it loves to stand up in the corners. BTW I'm on a 04' YZF250. I was looking at RG3's offset clamps anyone try these on the YZF?

I've read a fair amount of posts on the web with similar complaints about the '05 YZ's and YZF's with the new KYB forks.

Some of the tuners on here should be able to tell you what they've found and suggest a remedy.

You may also want to try different searches to see if someone else has gotten an answer to this question.

🙂

Do a search.

There was just a post 2 weeks ago about this.

You need to at least get the spring preload problem fixed and the innerchamber bleed problem fixed.

In other words get your forks fixed, they are crap out of the box.

They work much better than an old 125 with minimul updates..

I've already moved the forks up in the triple clamps, so I know that's not the issue. I'm 160lbs. racing motocross in the B class. I'm not sure what to look up in the search to find this same problem, just looking to spend the least amount of money on the fix. I'm on a limited budget (about $350), and am looking to spend it on the right thing.....

sounds like a re-valve should do it?

I've already moved the forks up in the triple clamps, so I know that's not the issue. I'm 160lbs. racing motocross in the B class. I'm not sure what to look up in the search to find this same problem, just looking to spend the least amount of money on the fix. I'm on a limited budget (about $350), and am looking to spend it on the right thing.....

sounds like a re-valve should do it?

the main problems with these 05 forks is not the valving!!!!!!

you will probably need softer fork springs to start.

go to the search function in this forum and type in 05 yz250f forks.

you will find enough to keep you busy!

350.00 should more than get you fixed up. a good shop should fix all the problems with the forks plus revalve for that much.