Sign in to follow this  

RMEC'ers plan for Aug 28 Deadwood, SD

UPDATE:

The course is set and is 8 miles in length. Terrain is single track woods with open ski runs. There are no table tops, triples, doubles or whoops. There will be some fun hill climbs, rocks, forrest loam, grass, small logs, and a lot of elevation change. You enduro guys will love this one. The terrain is enduro oriented but is more open than the typical nasty stuff so the fun factor will be high for all levels.

EARLY ENTRY DATE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY AUGUST 5th (This Friday!!!) SO GET YOUR FORMS IN!!!!!!

We just started laying trail today for the Deadwood/Terry Peak Harescramble August 28 and it's going to be a good one!! If you have ever wanted to blast up the ski slopes on a dirtbike this will be your chance! Terrain will be fun single track with some 2 track mixed in occasionally. There will be no whooped out beat up trails as this is all virgin trail beat in over the next few weeks. For those of you enduro guys who are tired of racing a mx track with a few natural sections, you will enjoy this course! This course will be a good mix of fun wooded single track and open ski runs. Mx bikes are welcome.

Elevation will be 6000 - 7000 and we plan to have a chair lift running to bring spectators to the top of the mountain where they can then find their favorite place to watch. The ski lodge will be open and serving food. We expect 8 - 10 mile loops with C class getting an "easier" loop and 1.5 hr + lap race. A and B loop will be slightly more challenging with a special section (rocks??) for the A and AA 🙂 All but C will run 2hrs + one lap. There is lodging directly across the start area at Terry Peak Lodge as well as several other camping/lodging areas within a short distance.

Sign up sheets and additional info is posted on the RMEC website. If you have more questions I will try to help answer them (PM, this thread, email Krenaud@rushmore.com).

Kent

Anyway to get me some more vacation time at work??? Damn I hate to miss this one, sounds like a great course you guys are setting up.

Hey Kent,

Can't wait to try out some South Dakota style HS racing!

Me and the wife and Jr. are leaving here the Wed. before and doing a little Black Hills vacation tour prior to the race.

I sure wish the C loop was 2 hours though!

Tim

Hokie I think you will have fun in the area. Lots to do out here. Deadwood is a fun little gambling town and a great place to people watch. You will enjoy the harescramble course. I think the 1.5 hour C loop is to ensure everyone has fun. We don't want anyone saying "we're not going back there next year". Most harescrambles have been more open riding and this will have an enduro flavor to it. It's challenging laying out the course and trying to make sure the grin factor is huge. You could always just keep riding until the full 2 hrs is up 🙂

Rex I can't help you with work but you could call in sick 🙂

Kent

You could always just keep riding until the full 2 hrs is up :D

Kent

🙂🙂

I get the impression this is not a new idea for you 🙂