Bikes takes forever to start. Valves are in Spec.

My bike is getting really really hard to start. I mean like a ga-gillion kicks. At first I thought oh crap the valves are toast, but I just checked them and everything looked A-ok( Thank God). Im guessing because it got hot really fast that maybe I need to adjust the carburation a little bit. I've never messed with it before, so I need a little advice. Should I be messing with the fuel screw? Thanks for the help....

PS: Once I finally get it started the bike runs fine.

If you're valves are in spec, and you're pretty confident the jets aren't clogged,

then I would out in a new plug and see if it fires. Since it's now warmer, then

turn your fuel screw in 1/2 turn and see how the bike idles. What you're

looking for when it comes to the fuel screw is where the bike idles cleanly,

but doesn't have a lean bog. I turn mine in almost all the way, start turning it

out until I can hear it start to blubber a little. I then turn in back in 1/4 turn.

If a new plug doesn't help, then I would clean the carb and jets, especially

the pilot jet.

Yeah, im guessing that its probably the plug or the jets are gunked. Because once i finally get the thing started it runs perfectly fine and idles fine. Its just weird because it was like an all of a sudden thing. I just checked the valves today and they look good. I still have really good compression left in the motor, so I guess Ill try what you suggested. Thanks alot man!

These bikes arent hard to roll start. I mean, I can run as fast as i can, jump and hit 1st gear and my bike will start right up. Then again its a YZF, but I assume that works for all bikes. No beef either please, I may not own a CRF, but within the month, bye bye goes the YZF and in comes a 05 CRF250. As my verson of what daffy duck would say, "its racing season, FIRE."