Sign in to follow this  

Can somebody help with jetting for a newbie

Well due to my stupidity I didn't check my jetting which was lean and caused my bike to have a severe motor problem (I haven't found out what the problem is yet). I'm still pretty stupid when it comes to thumpers and jetting so I'm posting this in hopes of getting some good info and prevent another stupid motor accident.

What some symptoms of a lean running thumper? rich running?

What do each of the the jets and screws control? IE what throttle range does the main jet control?

Is it a lot harder to jet a thumper compared to a 2 stroke? It seems from my past experience with 2 strokes was that there was less jets to play with, making it easier to jet. Now with my RMZ there are more screws, jets etc than I can count (okay maybe I'm exaggerating) but I don't know what to do with each of them.

Also what size increments do Keihin main jets go up in? I have a 178 main in now but I want richen it up a bit.

Thanks

Since your a newbie I would like to give you a bit of advise. There have been many many posts on the subject you ask about so take some time and do some searching throughout the various forums and I bet you will find the answers you are looking for........... Good Luck

🙂 I checked my bike today and this weird to me!

My spark plug is mostly white except one spot!

😛 The bike does great threw all the throttle positions!

😛 What should I adjust to give a little overall better and more fuel mixture? :applause::eek: