Sign in to follow this  

I'm a 450f convert for sure!

I have to say that I'm a very proud owner of an 05 250f that I absolutely love. I also have an 05 450 that is all tricked out (pipe, suspension, clamps, braking, etc.). I rode a buddy's 250f last weekend and was blown away how much faster I could go through the corners!! I picked up the new bike on Friday (only $4900) and will be selling the 450 asap. I was a little concerned I would miss the power, but I don't at all. I will probably get a pipe later, but for now stock is a lot of fun!

same here,i didnt had much fun riding the 450 anymore,ride 250r 05 2 weeks now,

cant wait till saterday.

i can keep up with the 450r and its has a fat boy 4 system and a hrc kit and k&n filterer etc. but i was still keeping up with him

I have to say that I'm a very proud owner of an 05 250f that I absolutely love. I also have an 05 450 that is all tricked out (pipe, suspension, clamps, braking, etc.). I rode a buddy's 250f last weekend and was blown away how much faster I could go through the corners!! I picked up the new bike on Friday (only $4900) and will be selling the 450 asap. I was a little concerned I would miss the power, but I don't at all. I will probably get a pipe later, but for now stock is a lot of fun!

And slowly the masses convert.

"Welcome my brother, and here is our special tea".

I will say this, I rode a track this past week that I wish I had the big bore as it had big, long jumps right out of the corners and my 250 just couldn't do it,

That's the 1st time in 160hrs of saddletime that I missed the big bore.

And slowly the masses convert.

"Welcome my brother, and here is our special tea".

I will say this, I rode a track this past week that I wish I had the big bore as it had big, long jumps right out of the corners and my 250 just couldn't do it,

That's the 1st time in 160hrs of saddletime that I missed the big bore.

How do you like that YZF?

my crf 250r has pleanty of power, the only time power will be missed is on statrs!

How do you like that YZF?

I like it just fine. the only negative is stock forks require a revalve as they are too quick in the initial stroke. With proper springs and correct oil height I can turn under most crf's. I also like the dependability of the motor as my 03 yam had no issues with motor over 140 hrs. However: I was hell on 4th gear breaking 2 of them over the 140 hrs.

oldnbold,you really had 2issues,BIG ISSUES!4th gear twice.It wasn't too dependable if you ask me or anyone else that had to have the cases split.

clay