Sign in to follow this  

Looking for axel crash bobbins [in UK]

Morning TT'ers...

Was wondering if someone could give me a suggestion or site (hopefully UK based) that has some crash bobbins for the DRZ - the axel based ones.

Myself and two mates (same bikes, ofc) want to get them and have read some people using skateboard wheels. However, I didnt think it was as easy as that and it might cost the same to just get proper bobbins.

So any suggestion or links?

Much obliged!

🙂 Here you go mate!Link Not UK but I hope it helps. 🙂

My Web Pages:http://home.earthlink.net/~mrmeeks/melstoys/

'03 DRZ400S Yellow, Dunlop D606 F/R, Clarke3.9, Corbin Seat, Unabiker Rad Grds, CFC Grds,DSP Carbon Fbr Skid Plate & Eng Grds & Cal Grd, IMS S-S Pegs, Suzuki rack, 9"x4 7/8"X2 7/8"Custom Tool Box", Renthal soft grips, Galindo Grip Protectors, axle sliders.

Hi isaw, I have a set of these on my DRZ, eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21669&item=7984666742&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW Tell the seller what bike they are for and they come with the S/Steel studding cut to the correct length, he also does footrest sliders. They are made from Proper Delrin not cheap and nasty skateboard wheels. I am very happy with mine, they fitted perfectly and look as if they will do the job.

Neil. 🙂

I ordered a set of the Supermoto Engineering sliders for my SM and I really can't say I was too impressed considering the price. I had to add some off the shelf washers for a reasonable a fit and honestly I would expect more than having to rig things in for close to $100.00 pricetag.

I know I could of sent them back and had SME modify them to fit perfectly but again I would expect more considering the price. YMMV

Thanks for the links/details guys.

Neil - I hadn't seen that link on ebay before - will have a look at it.

aspencop129 - i saw those as well but I wasn't sure - as I mentioned i wasn't sure about skateboard wheels and as Burned suggested, might not do what i want. Unless I find some that *are* made of derlin.

mrmeeks - Hmm i like those. It's just if I order from the US i get stung on the customs/duty taxes 🙂

There was a place here in the UK - i think is was VSM racing or something - and they had the bobbins I wanted - but at £89 !!

Thanks for the links/details guys.

Neil - I hadn't seen that link on ebay before - will have a look at it.

aspencop129 - i saw those as well but I wasn't sure - as I mentioned i wasn't sure about skateboard wheels and as Burned suggested, might not do what i want. Unless I find some that *are* made of derlin.

mrmeeks - Hmm i like those. It's just if I order from the US i get stung on the customs/duty taxes :D

There was a place here in the UK - i think is was VSM racing or something - and they had the bobbins I wanted - but at £89 !!

The E-Bay one's are proper Delrin and not "skateboard wheels", the other firm worth contacting is R&G, but theirs are a lot more money, about £70 to do both ends.

My E-bay ones cost £26.00 including pot & packing.

Neil.

🙂🙂

Neil,

Have you tried R & G as they make axle bobbins for a whole load of different bikes. I reckon SV650 ones would fit if they don't make ones specifically for the DRZ.

They're in Alton, Hampshire, and sell throughout the UK. Infinity MCs sell them as do M and P.

Cheers

Ian