Still no "VOR" ???...

Yet another month has passed, and no new info on the current and/or future of the brand ( VOR )...............is this yet another extinct Itallian Exotic????....

Does anyone have new info to share?

??:D:D:D:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its not looking good is it...

I knew i should have gone with tm now I have an 04 Vor with only 25 hours on it and there's a huge chance that there will be no more vor so I'm going to try and sell it and take a massive loss as not only did I buy the bike I also got the motard setup as well ??

Even if Vor do come back surly there reputation is going to be in tatters and not too many are going to want to take a risk with them (If I had known that they only started in 98 I certainly wouldn't have got one.

Worst part is theres only 2 05 tm en 250 2 strokes left in the country so its now a rush to sell...

VOR - A wonderfull bike with a company that lets it down hugely.

Luke :D

Why not keep the VORs....ride and enjoy them, since they are such sweet bikes......luckily parts are still available if you know where to look...............

I myself am interested if/when they come out with newer models ..........

Ive been hoping to see a EFI bike out soon....and the 250 4/s.........

BUT it looks that they may have gone the way of the dinasaur.........

I have a number of Exotic bikes in my collection, from makes that have gone bye-bye................maybe VOR is on that list .....it seems its nearly there if not soon brought back to life by some divine source .................... ??:D

minusone, where abouts in AUS are you?

And what sort of price range are you looking at paying for a vor?

Yes they are a truly awesome bike, but I for one don't want to be stuck in 1 -2 years time with a bike that I have trouble getting parts for.

+ 2 stroke TM is nearly 20kg lighter, and for me that would be a huge benefit.

I'm in Sydney and I offer half what they are asking which would probably be the best deal they will get if VOR is gone.

minusone, where abouts in AUS are you?

And what sort of price range are you looking at paying for a vor?

Yes they are a truly awesome bike, but I for one don't want to be stuck in 1 -2 years time with a bike that I have trouble getting parts for.

+ 2 stroke TM is nearly 20kg lighter, and for me that would be a huge benefit.

VOR is still asking everyone to be patient ? Parts are still available and there is stirring at the factory but I have not heard anything new in awhile. I am still holding on for a 2006. From what I have heard the 06 will be a lighter, quicker version of my 04 which is already one of the best bikes I have ever ridden.

This is exactly the kind of crap that makes the general public shy away from exotics, especially Itallian exotics........

People what the security of being able to get parts, and service.........having the manufacturer go in and out of business, on/off production, multiple change of ownership, receivership/bankrupt s--t, multiple changes of importers, and a dealer network without any structure that lasts more that a moment..................

No wonder these bikes cant make it big........people shy away, dealers shy away, even getting someone to take the risk to import must be hard..........

I dont blame people going and buying a big 5 bike....

I think that Ill keep my exotics, but more as collectors pieces, rather that my main rides..........luckily I have enough exotics that I can pick and choose what to ride, and I will often cycle through them so I can enjoy them without putting to many miles on a single bike,:and others I dont ride at all, just have as collectors pieces....

But ,my high miles bikes are my BMW and KTM ( and one BIMOTA SB8RS bike)........at least these bikes I can always fix/get fixed if they break

??:D:D:D:D

Yeah, I'd like some new gfx for my 1999/2000.

The originals peeled off so quickly, so I ended up removing them all together.

Regrading the status of VOR, at least they haven't pulled the plug on their

web site. Perhaps a sign that they're not totally dead...

-Adriano

VOR went into hiding after 2002 as well. In that case secrecy was their way..problem was they needed to be talking so there was some market interest. Then the Knight thing happened..VOR was thinking it was an easy way to ride someone elses money into the US market place...and then nothing..and now its the same deal.

I have to say from a person who has a vested interest they need to get some info out. Its simply common sence. Its really hard to start from scratch in this market place. Its harder yet when you piss off those who are in the target market place....and there are things like Husqvarna and Husaberg as competition WITH true plans and actual backing.

Best action for VOR is to lay out the intent. Even if it doesn't work out..it generates reasons to talk about VOR ...and keeps the name in the minds of those who might create a new marketplace or even preserve the remenents of the past.

Even if its a wholesale change in direction..let someone know other than a few tight lipped wanabe's so there is reasons to even THINK about VOR in something other than a negative way.

That silent treatment didn't work to VOR's favor last time...most companies learn after disasters.

Common sense.

Simple marketing.

Generate some interest.

This is exactly the kind of crap that makes the general public shy away from exotics, especially Itallian exotics........

People what the security of being able to get parts, and service.........having the manufacturer go in and out of business, on/off production, multiple change of ownership, receivership/bankrupt s--t, multiple changes of importers, and a dealer network without any structure that lasts more that a moment..................

QUOTE]

Brands will always come and go. Take a look at Cannondale ?

Of course the consumer sees things from a completely different perspective than from that of the Company. The Company will always want to grow and be able to compete with the "big 5" and sometimes mistakes in judgement do happen. The consumer sees a small exotic brand and worries about the security of their purchase. Its a vicious circle but reality.

I personally think VOR will be back. The "big 5" need the competition to keep them honest and producing better products, and VOR's were a good thing. ?

There is no news that can be confirmed at the moment, good or bad that is the facts.

Personaly I don't see any reason to "anounce" a press release on an internet forum such as this instead of using the normal media channels. I don't see Husky/KTM/Berg Press releases or any one else for that matter here. ?

Nor do I see any reason to divulge what is going on behind closed doors, they are closed for a reason!

As for "VOR was thinking it was an easy way to ride someone elses money into the US market place...and then nothing..and now its the same deal." is utter nonsense, to date the US has cost considerable amounts of money and has paid very little if at all in some cases.

In the past I have posted here but it is not a right that can be demanded or result in sending abuse as I am simply not interested.

Yes it is frustrating at the moment, yes the VOR's in my opinion are great bikes (as always I state I am biased) but when there is something to announce then it will be.

VOR DISTRIBUTOR

NZ, USA & Mexico

I totally disagree..........The customer, especial the consumer that has already, and may again buy a VOR in the future is and should be the manufacturers top concern........

The second priority is to the would be/could be customer of the future......

Corporate silence is seen/felt with public mistrust........

The prior owners, and current owners of VOR feel mistreated.......

The resale values and ability to sell a new or used VOR is nightmarish....who wants to sell a bike you get nothing for ( all its value is gone) and is nearly impossible to sell..........

The dealer network has all but collapsed, so getting parts is a big deal and a negative experience........as parts get harder to come by their costs will go up ( at least for new), and the owner will be searching Ebay for used components to repair his ride........

VOR by its lack of CUSTOMER SUPPORT (which includes communication, which is "closed") and by its turbulent USA history, has alienated its past and present, and future clients........

I feel that this silence from VOR speaks volumes..........all in the Negative to its customer base ( its most valuable asset in my view).......

We in the USA view this silence as a lack of respect for those of us who have supported the brand by our purchases........

VOR will have a very difficult up hill battle trying to re-establish any kind of following in the US........

There are may examples of similar corporate turnovers/restructuring, where the manufacture did the right/best thing and tryed to keep communication channels open with the public.....this is what VOR should have done ( as many owners have already dumped the brand....most likely never to return) and should do now (as may current owners are planning to sell off the hot potato....never it return; and those who were possible future owners are drifting far away....actually avoiding VOR like a plague)

I have 2 VORS....and may keep 1 or both......but I also bought/collected a s--tload of spares to keep the going..........

All I can say is VOR has/is making a big mistake not letting us know whats going on....even if the current dealings change, JUST KEEP US IN THE LOOP....instead we feel abandoned/stranded....shame on you VOR for mistreating your clients

What is of most importance and most lacking in the modern world is simple common courtesy, and in business....customer support........